Thread: Intel Desktop utilities unable to show application

Intel Desktop utilities unable to show application

Hi everyone. Lately i have read a report by the Intel that Intel Desktop application will not illustrate itself when open. I can see the Windows tray, even I try to open the Windows tray, right click on it. I also try to run as "Run as administrator". No errors appear. I see a turning circle at the top of the mouse cursor, but then disappear within a few seconds. I can see several instances in Task Manager Intmain.exe. I tried restarting many times windows. I uninstall reinstall version 3.1.2. Nothing seems to work. It seems he just wants to run as a service, but no GUI pop up. Any help is appreciated to run Windows 7 Ultimate x64 DH67GD on the motherboard.

Re: Intel Desktop utilities unable to show application

I'm assuming there are no utilities running on your system, except for UDI. Check in administrative tools in the service and view the status of the IDU. If it does not Click Start than make sure the startup type is set to Automatic. If you ask me, then I would say that support from Intel told me I had to do a BIOS upgrade. After upgrading the desktop utility work, I have the DH67BL Board. I agree that the BIOS must be updated. It may be helpful as indicated. But if not, you can try my suggestion.

I was having this same problem with 2400S DH67BL i5. Running BIOS version 0102 (the last from 11-Feb). Not very interested in downgrading to 0098. I tried to look at the different services from Intel. IDU The service is working very well, but another service will not start. I get an error that is not allowed to run because it wants to interact with the desktop. Apparently, that is no longer compatible with Windows (after Vista, I think). I'm running Windows 7 x64. The service is not started "Intel Desktop Boards FSC application services."

Also I have the same problem as described by parsec quocx and safe, I'm running an Intel motherboard with a CPU Q8300 DG41TX. I never thought this Intel software, which uses Active Monitor in my old motherboard with D850EMV2 never a problem. A BIOS update was issued for my Intel motherboard, which seems to have helped IDU, which works better now. You should check if there is one for the board, through its product page, the support tab and click on the link for BIOS and driver updates.

A problem that regularly run in the symptoms of many (most, actually) of the problems reported appear to be equal (background service hangs or fails and / or graphical user interface does not start or does not show some data ), but are very dissimilar in nature and root cause. Some of the reports in the community forums are not diligent and do not contain the necessary information to help us focus on the right. For the best chance that we can locate your problem, please include the review board, the review of the processor, memory configuration (including the provider (s)), the revision of the BIOS, BIOS-enabled special features ( We follow up on issues related to IDU and RAID UEFI today, for example), O / S version, etc, etc (ie, give us everything you can think of seems to be related - in particular whether any solution ( on / off functions, the relocation of IDU, etc) help alleviate the problem).

Finally, in response to one of your specific comments: By virtue of the plates using SMBus hardware-based monitoring devices and fan speed control (DX58SO, DX58SO2, DX58OG and many more tips), the SMBus support included in some of the controls 3rd party tools will interfere with the SMBus device driver used by IDUs (and is also used by the Intel Desktop Control Center (IDCC) and the Intel Extreme Tuning Utility (XTU) applications). In some cases, the support part 3 SMBus pull the rug out from under the driver full (steal or cancel stop ongoing operations), making driver and application crashes, system freezes and even blue screens.

It is also true that the output of different sensors are not used in the way they are intended, ie, a temperature reading interval in place of TJ Max, which IMO is actually a better indication of thermal overload the CPU. However, I would like to see the actual temperature reading is just something we are familiar. It's great that you are testing UDI running simultaneously monitors other equipment, but it could be said that they should examine their programs with others, including yours. If a program "breaks" to another is not automatically the fault of the "broken" program.

I just stumbled across this thread doing a Google search. I had the problem where I couldn't start the IDU GUI. I have a DH67GD. I think the problem was caused by having multiple versions of IDU installed. When I visited Add / Remove Programs I saw that there was a version 1.0 of IDU and 2.x of IDU. Uninstalling version 1.0 followed by 2.x, then restarting, then installing the latest version of IDU fixed the issue for me. Hope it helps others.