Thread: How to update the s1200btl firmware and bios using windows 7?

How to update the s1200btl firmware and bios using windows 7?

Please someone help me. I have Windows 7 operating system and want to upgrade my firmware. How is it done? The update is available from the Intel site is for Windows Server 2008. I went ahead and used the package Windows Server 2008 anyhow. Now the server is reporting this error: FW SPS of Health reports server platform health events with the kind of state FW. I also met a GPIO forced recovery. The Image recovery charges due to the Magpie. Deassert MGPIO1 and return to ME. Error code is 0.

Re: How to update the s1200btl firmware and bios using windows 7?

The system is complaining about the ME firmware. I would suggest using the EFI version of the update code. (2008 and Win 7 are very comparable, but it might be something in the update) For EFI-Down load and extract the code to the root of a USB key than:
    • Reboot server
    • Press F6 during reboot will bring you to a boot selection menu
    • Select EFI
    • System should find code and update.
    • As part of updating the update FRUSDR run and establish control of fan speed based on the chassis detect or allow you to select a frame to another and then ask the fans are connected.

Power levels of control pre-defined set waiting for the FP temperature sensor for ramp rates and the fan speed varies with the inlet temperature, ie if there were two server rooms. For example, at sea level is cooled to 19 degrees. C and the second high in the mountains at 7000ft to 35 ยบ C for the same workload in the system, fans in the second system is needed to move the air more (about 10 times), both by altitude and temperature of a system.

There are two options:
    • Option 1 is a simple feedback loop system fan when it gets a little hot, the fans all roar at full speed, then drop again when it cools back. Very noisy, uses lots of energy and crazy to anyone around because the fans are running up and down all the time.
    • Option 2 is to put a value in the BIOS setup of the altitude, since it is a fixed variable. Then measure the inlet temperature of a temperature sensor so that if FP increased fan speed 1% to keep it cool, that's all the ramp the fan does. Rather, it saves energy. That used to only use one board as the temperature sensor intake air temperature. But with the bigger hard drive today to put a lot of heat, usually mounted in front of the sensor BB, ended with Option 1. FP sensor gives a better thermal response.

I am aware of the panel ('parts'), but as you could not find any that come with the cables. Any generic wire connectors work? Where I am this part and the recommended server chassis are not available. Now I'm wondering if a fan controller from parts and desktop managers like the NZXT case, Zalman and other generic drugs will be able to replace the temperature sensor.

Thinking about it, I think it's pretty stupid that this forum does not properly handle the fans without additional hardware. If that was not an option open to users? If I had known about the need for additional hardware to make this work of the Board to its full potential (on board Intel RAID activation key paralyzed without, etc), I just bought an entire server manufacturers such as Dell or HP. And even if the server chassis P4000 series is available from a local supplier, I'm just not interested in it because we have to add an additional driver for the board of the disks even more.

The fans are still demanding to run at the maximum (before the POST the fans run low). The ASC fans are apparently in error. I think the situation is worse than the use of SDRs by default. After updating the code hacked, is reported: 16:26:23 MSF FW of Health reports server platform health events with the kind of state FW. He found a GPIO forced recovery. Image recovery charges due to the Magpie. Deassert MGPIO1 and return to ME Error code is 0.