Thread: MySQL for database could not be used in Logitech Squeeze Box 7.6.0 or 7.6.1?

MySQL for database could not be used in Logitech Squeeze Box 7.6.0 or 7.6.1?

I am using the Logitech Squeezebox 7.6.1 and it is not getting to connect the MySQL database. I have also followed the instruction from Existing MySQL Instance also, which seems to be little out of date as SQLite is been used mostly. I have stopped the server during the time of the configuration; it starts again to the SQLite again and again. If I try to stop the server again it seems to go back to SQLite. Is there any suggestion that I can do to attach MySQL database to the Logitech Squeezebox. Thanking you all for giving suggestions.

Re: MySQL for database could not be used in Logitech Squeeze Box 7.6.0 or 7.6.1?

I have also heard problem, but could not get the proper solution for it. Someone has told me that there is a switch in the advance settings. In that you can switch to MySQL from the SQLite. Well I believe that nobody ever succeed in that making the Logitech Squeezebox 7.6.0 or 7.6.1 to work reliably on the MySQL. You better use the SQLite which cause very less trouble with the Squeezebox Server (SBS). It suggests you use the SQLite instead of the MySQL. If you comfortable with it.

Re: MySQL for database could not be used in Logitech Squeeze Box 7.6.0 or 7.6.1?

I am using MySQL in the Logitech Squeezebox 7.6.1 as the back ends. I run 2 instances on the 7.6.1. I am not getting any problem with it. You better try to add the setting dbtypy to MySQL to server.prefs (server preference) file. I will tell what to do in that file. Try the following addition in that which is been shown below:
    dbtype: MySQL
    dbusername: slimserver
    dbpassword: slimserver
    dbsource: dbi:mysql:database=slimserver;mysql_socket=/var/lib/mysql/mysql.sock
    Try this change in the server preference file and it will work your MySQL. I hope suggestion might help you.

I want to ask the above user that does the server preference change have help it or not. Does it have any issue after that changes, I don’t think it have work properly. I also want to use the MySQL in the 7.6.1 but it is not working there so I have to work in the SQLite. I will give a try to the above user suggestion and see if it works or not. If it works then I will be very grateful to the above user for helping. I also suggest something if I found out for the MySQL in 7.6.1

I have applied the same setting which one user has mentioned in the reply, and it has really worked also. Now I can use the MySQL beside of the using the SQLite. MySQL is more comfortable to use than the SQLite to use in the 7.6.1. The suggestions have helped a lot and all others should also apply that setting if you want to use the MySQL in the Logitech Squeezebox 7.6.1 for your work. Thank you for the great suggestion.