Thread: iTunes cannot connect to Airport Express remote speakers

iTunes cannot connect to Airport Express remote speakers

I know that many people might be looking for a solution from several days. There are no particular solutions for this issue. The issue is about the Itunes and the Airport Express speakers. As you know the Airport Express is a wifi adapter which is much suitable for home network. However I need to use this device to connect to the remote speakers and stream music into. The problem is I cannot connect to that Airport Express speakers. It seems to me that somebody might have found several solutions for this issue. I never connected through this before. This is the first time I tried but unsuccessful. So any step by step guide will be much helpful.

Re: iTunes cannot connect to Airport Express remote speakers

I did the following procedure to accomplish the task.
    • Open System Preferences>Network.
    • Select Advanced, on top of the TCP/IP tab, turn the "Configure IPv6" option to Off.
    • Run the Airport Utility, click Music tab, enter password
    • Now open the iTunes> preferences>devices tab, and untick "Look for remote speakers connected with Airplay, Allow iTunes control from Remote Speakers, Forget All Remotes”.
    • Close iTunes
    • Now again release iTunes and retick "Look for remote speakers connected with Airplay, Allow iTunes control from Remote Speakers, Forget All Remotes”.
    • Now I hope that the remote speakers will connect to the iTunes.

My issue began following itunes 9.0 and goes on – sometimes the itunes will not be capable to connect toward whichever of my remote speakers on the Airport Express, even though they all come about within the "Multiple Speakers" window. I reboot my whole network as well as Airport Extreme Base plus 4 Airport Expresses and it works yet again however it is actually frustrating. Furthermore my wife's similar Macbook can connect from Itunes 9.0 to speakers even from 6 feet away without any problems.

When you have speakers connected to an AirPort Express in the bottom of the iTunes window menu will be displayed so you can select the speakers to be used.
    Check the following:
    • The AirPort Express is well connected to a working electrical outlet.
    • The remote speakers are connected to the AirPort Express.
    • The "Search for remote speakers connected with AirTunes" is selected in iTunes preferences (choose Edit> Preferences and click Devices).
    • The PC is in the range of your wireless network (if using one) and the AirPort Express is active and connected to the network. Click the system tray the wireless network and make sure your network is selected.

If you are using the Windows computer with iTunes then I can say that it has probably something to do with the Firewall settings in the Windows OS. Because the Security is the main concern here.
    • Open Start >Control Panel > Security >Windows > Firewall
    • Click ‘Advanced settings’ and search ‘Inbound Rules’
    • Gaze for policy called “iTunes” ( there may be numerous) and observe if it states about UDP ports but not TCP.
    • Now click the ‘Advanced’ tab. Your rule will identify simply ‘Public’ beneath the profiles. In addition confirm the ‘Private’ profile. Don’t tap the rest.
    • Now close all the things and try to connect to the remote speakers using iTunes through the Airport Express. I hope that it should work now.

I had the same issue as you after research and many tests I found the solution. I assume that your box is probably configured Internet router, so you must configure Airport Express wireless network using the Box (a FreeBox in my case) and make port forwarding on the box in router mode. My setup is: Imac G5 Leopard 10.5.8 + 10.1.2 + iTunes + Airport Express update version 6.3. Here's the solution:
    • Choose a fixed IP address for your Airport which is the address range of your network
    • Do you connect to your box with the management IP address in a browser or by going to the management interface for the Freebox
    • You must then go into the setup menu to change between different port forwarding: Add port = 548, protocol = TCP, Destination = "ip address of your chosen Airport terminal" to Port = 548 / add port = 554 Protocol = UDP destination = "ip address of your chosen Airport terminal" to Port = 554.

So.. I'm not very tech savvy.. But i still cannot connect my airport express devices to itunes.. itunes sees them, but says airplay device cannot connect to the XXXX Speakers.

I have mostly PC's running Win 7 or Vista. I have an iPad as well as a android phone.

All of this worked fine until the itunes update.

Can you help me walk through this if I'm not technical?

I do know how to open the Airport Utility App...

Thx so much..

Ray

Quote Originally Posted by Rayk2727 View Post
    So.. I'm not very tech savvy.. But i still cannot connect my airport express devices to itunes.. itunes sees them, but says airplay device cannot connect to the XXXX Speakers.

I have mostly PC's running Win 7 or Vista. I have an iPad as well as a android phone.

All of this worked fine until the itunes update.

Can you help me walk through this if I'm not technical?

I do know how to open the Airport Utility App...
    Have you tried disconnecting the power to your router and reconnecting that. In fact, try disconnecting the power to each of the devices in your network. I'm no expert, but in my experience getting things to work is just a matter of getting them to "speak" to each other by powering them up in the correct order. And that, is why I hate networking.

Lol, I've had this problem for a long time, and I'm glad I'm not the only one. Same thing happened to me, I was a happy customer till an update came along and ruined my airport for me.

I figure apple is punishing me for running Win 7. I'll try what is above and let you all know if it works