Thread: MSN for Mac OS X 10.3.9.

MSN for Mac OS X 10.3.9.

Hello everyone, I have a bit of a problem and would like you to see if you can solve it fir me. I own a G3 iBook Laptop and the OS running is Mac OS 10.3.9. I have tried downloading the MSN messenger but I can’t open or use it. I am using Firefox and I want to download MSN for my laptop. I don’t know maybe the problem might be that I am using Mac and MSN might not work for Mac. I also installed a MSN and Adium messenger but I still cannot access my MSN Messenger. But still there must be some way I can try to install MSN on my laptop because I really want to use it and will do anything for it.

Re: MSN for Mac OS X 10.3.9.

Well, MSN messenger is good but not the best one out there in my opinion. Anyways I had downloaded it for my Mac but it works fine for me without any problem, although I seldom use it. Maybe the version you downloaded is the old one. Try updating it to the latest one that’s available now. Also, did you check the version you downloaded was for Windows or Mac because there are different versions for Mac and Windows. If you have installed Windows version it will surely give you problem. So check all of the things and revert back to me. Do tell me the version number of your MSN, so that I can properly guide you. Hope this has helped you solve your problem.

Ok, I checked it well it is the Mac version of MSN and the version is 5. It installs correctly but I am not able to sign in with my id. I also tried installing 7 and 8 versions but they are giving me problems too. I hope there’s not any problem with my id. But my hotmail email opens up fine so how can there be problem with the chat option? Also what’s the problem with aMSN and other chat engines? Atleast they must work correctly. I am so fed-up and annoyed now. Please someone explain what’s the problem here.

Hi, I think I found the solution to your problem. I came across a review of MSN Messenger 4.0.1 It’s a old messenger but if you still have Mac OS X 10.2.8 or 10.3.9 then this is the only version for MSN messenger that will still work. This is the older version than the latest Messengers released by Microsoft specially for Mac known as Messenger for Mac . Also, aMSN is actually a clone of MSN for Linux-based systems and adium is a multi-protocol instant-messaging client so they won’t work for your current version of MSN.

Hey. Buddy you are right that MSN messenger 4.0.1 works for the version 10.3.9 of Mac, but it is not the only messenger. The Mactopia 6.0.3 also works on the Mac version. It is a specially designed MSN messenger for Mac users. Difference between the newer version is that you can video call and it is integrated with Office 2011 Outlook and other products. It also has improved files-sharing and photo-sharing features than the old one. So try downloading both versions and see if it works. If it still not working than there must be some problem with your id only. Check with the hotmail people then only they can help you.