Become a Member!
Forgot your username/password?
Register Tags Active Topics RSS Search Mark Forums Read

Sponsored Links

WinRAR command prompt

Windows Software

Old 11-08-2011

question WinRAR command prompt

okay, anyone got any idea on what command line i need to make WinRAR automatically put files into a .jar file?

I know you can do it by just right clicking it and then dragging the files into it, but in order for my program to work, i need it to extract it into the .jar automatically

Old 11-08-2011

Re: WinRAR command prompt

You should know that a jar file is compressed in the zip format. You could write your own extractor using java.util.zip package. The commad line tool unrar only supports rar format, while the WinRAR GUI can handle zip and several other formats as well. So you can develop your own programme in java, there is a Zip package that can deal with compressed files.

TechArena Community > Software > Windows Software
Tags: ,