Thread: need to get software utility and drivers for windows 7 on Sony Vaio VGC-VA1

need to get software utility and drivers for windows 7 on Sony Vaio VGC-VA1

Hey hi, I am using Sony Vaio VGC-VA1, with the dual partition system. On the one partition, I have windows XP Ultimate. It is working good but I want to install windows 7 on the other partition. First I had tried using the windows update program to update the windows XP to install, this was not working not work. But now I don’t have any software and drivers for installing in the windows 7. So can anyone tell me any idea how , or able to install all drivers and software programs for this type of Vaio under use of Windows 7?

Re: need to get software utility and drivers for windows 7 on Sony Vaio VGC-VA1

I think that your model doesn’t support the windows 7 as operating system. But I think that most of the Vista drivers will work in your system. I will suggest you to try to install the drivers following function keywords as :
    • Sony Utils DLL
    • Sony Shared Library
    • Vaio Event Servic
    • Try to not install the windows 7 on your system, because it doesn’t support your system compatibility. Try using the windows XP on your system

I think that your system is old since you are using the Sony Vaio VGC-VA1, it doesn’t support the windows 7 compatibility. I would say to recognize the motherboard you have in your system, then take the help of Intel and download the proper driver set for your machine. If still your system is not detecting the drivers then go to the device manager and point out the folder which contains the drivers, the system will itself detect the drivers and will install it automatically.

You are currently using the windows 7 Beta, and before it you was using the windows XP on the other partition of your system drive. You are using windows 7 64bit, but Sony does not provide any 64bit drivers for this operating system, the system came from the inbuilt with Vista 32bit only, so if you are using the drivers for the windows 7 then it will surely not supported by your system. the other of the two module was mostly link the 32bit driver enclose to the module and let the system choose on what driver was proper for him to use.

I would say to recognize the motherboard you have in your system, then take the help of Intel and download the proper driver set for your machine. After that go into Device manager section and point windows 7 to the folder you downloaded the file to. It will automatically detect and install what you require from there. If still it doesn’t recognize the driver then it happens that your system is not supporting the windows 7 compatibility and tries to use the windows XP in it.

Hey according to me, All the require software is bounce by license to the creative factory installation. With the help f the upgrade installation, you will able to continue use them under a totally Windows Version. This windows 7 version will restrict you to use of unwanted programs from your computer. I will recommend going and looking for replacement software rather than rolling back to the old OS and upgrade, but at least evaluate what options you have to get the same function it back