Thread: Shockwave Flash Plug-in error coming while browsing in Google TV

Shockwave Flash Plug-in error coming while browsing in Google TV

Few days back had purchased a new Sony blu-ray disc/Google TV on a new 46" Samsung LCD TV. I am really enjoying my experience with the Google TV. I am using just a simple basic cable and I have not yet connected my Mac which is 3 years old. I want to know has anybody ever experienced "Plug-in Crash - Shockwave Flash" message while trying to view any add or any site. Also tell me can I view Firefox instead of Google chrome?

re: Shockwave Flash Plug-in error coming while browsing in Google TV

Well firstly let me tell you that shockwave application fails VERY often but I am not sure the problem is with the Sony bluray player or Google TV connection. Have u tried restarting your TV. After restarting the TV, try to visit sites and confirm whether it gets repeated or not. I would ask you to call the customer care support and ask them regarding this issue. You can view Firefox but for that you will have to install the plug-in for the Firefox browser.

I also had the same problem but then one of friends told me to download the latest firmware. So I think you should update the latest firmware of Sony bluray player. What is the current version you are having? Kindly mention it in your next post. It must be because of not updating the firmware, you are getting plug-in crash message. Download the firmware from the internet. You can download it and install it. Search on the Google site and you will find many solutions and searches, accordingly get it download.

Updating the firmware for the Google TV might help. So update the firmware with the new one. You can get the Google TV firmware on the internet. To check your firmware version information, type 'Settings' into the Quick Search Box option available or go the home screen and from the Home Screen, select Applications and then Settings. Scroll down to select about and then select the Firmware version. I hope this helps you.

If you have an HDTV then the TV set should have a HDMI input to connect the TV with the Blu-ray Disc player. Don’t use a basic cable to connect firstly. The error problem is not related to this but I am telling you just for your betterment. Download the plug-in for every website you visit. May it is not automatically getting downloaded. What browser you are using? Install flash player 10 from the internet and try browsing.

Try to install the latest Adobe flash player version in your Google TV. I am sure this will solve the problem. You can then download plug-in for Firefox if you need because Chrome TV is free plug-in to watch online TV direct from your browser. Firefox should work on the Google TV but I am not sure. Plug-in add benefits to the site by providing with toolbar, advertisements etc. so for that you obviously need to have latest flash player installed so that you can visit each and every website

I think you have not installed the adobe shockwave player because of which you are not able to view any advertisements and site. Adobe shockwave player adds animation and interactivity to WebPages so I would ask you to download and install the latest adobe shockwave player. It could be that you have not upgraded the shockwave player. I think installing will solve your problem.