Thread: Windows Media Player not playing?

Windows Media Player not playing?

I tend to make use of WMP for all my multimedia needs...I have other programs that either show video/DVDs alone, or play music alone, but have been a faithful user of Window Media Player for um-teen years now, & its seldom failed me ...until now. I clicked on the shortcut on my Desktop; I clicked on it in the Programs List, the cursor changes to an hour glass for two seconds, then NOTHING HAPPENS.

re: Windows Media Player not playing?

During the setting up & uninstallation of windows media player there is a leeway that you might have deactivated any settings or security software. There is a possibility that any recent software that you had installed might be conflicting with your Windows Media Player. Try to un install any such software’s that you have installed after the last time windows media player was working fine, and check , it should work properly.

I had the same issue and I think I have solved the issue. Follow the instructions below one: Click Start, click Accessories, the right click on Command Prompt and select run as administrator two: type regsvr32 jscript.dll, and then hit enter. Type regsvr32 vbscript.dll then hit enter.3. Now type exit and hit enter. Now try media player and it ought to work. I mean this worked for me so it should probably work for you

The error you appear to have is a result of the wrong version of the"wmploc.dll" being installed.Wmploc.dll version 6344 is part of kb941651 update. This error shows that there is dll didn't get installed properly, now uninstall the update. Select Control Panel from the start menu, programs, Add/Remove programs, show installed updates. Delete the update as above kb941651 restart the computer and run windows update again. By following these troubleshooting steps your problem should get resolved.

You need to open Microsoft Installer Cleanup Utility and run it, and check if solves your issue if not than reregister the Jscript.dll and Vbscript.dll files. To do this, follow these steps 1. Click Start, click Run, type cmd, and hit enter in command Prompt, type regsvr32 jscript.dll, and then click OK.2. Click Start, click Run, type cmd, and hit enter in command Prompt, type regsvr32 vbscript.dll, and then click OK. This should do the trick .

Thank is working really so much it works good now I have been trying for days to figure out how to repair my Media Player in Vista but to no avail tried so many websites even checked loads of forum sites too but when I tried your suggestion it worked like a charm and my issue got resolved. Thank you SO much!