Thread: How to store more number of songs on a single disk

How to store more number of songs on a single disk

I have lots of song on my hard drive and I don’t want loose them at any cost. But it seems that I will lose some of them because, I am going to wipe my hard drive. I will lose my all songs. However, I can make a back disk of songs but I have a lot number of songs and to make a back of those songs will require many disks. So, Is there is any way that I can store more number of songs on a single disk. So that I have to buy fewer disks

Re: How to store more number of songs on a single disk

I want suggest you according to what I know. I think there is the only way that you buy disk of larger size. There are some DVDs available which are more than 7 GB in memory size. But they will come at higher price. But there will be less number of disks you have to mange. I also store some of my favorite movies on those disks only. So I will suggest you to buy disk of higher memory size. I think this will solve your problem.

Here I want to add something. According to me buying higher gb memory size disk will not solve the issue. They will just add extra cost. As they come too expensive. You can do what I do at this situation to store my files. You can just place all your songs in a single folder and compress it with any compression software which can be winzip, 7zip etc. It will decrease the size then you can place it any disk. And later you can retrieve it buy uncompressing it.

If you have iTunes then you can do it very easily and perfectly. So if you don’t have iTunes then install it. It is very good player. You all have to do is start iTunes and keep it open then insert a blank DVD at same time. Then iTunes will give a pop asking you whether you want to make a back up of you music library or not? Then just follow simple instructions and iTune will make a back up of all your songs on that disk. It will consume very much lesser memory. And you can insert this back up DVD any time in your computer and you will be able to recover all songs.