Thread: Open Office like software

Open Office like software

Came across decent software for those who want office suite for their computer and the name is Softmaker office 2006. It’s not that vast only contain word processor and spreadsheet but is very enlightened for your computer not only that it’s also load quick. It is developed by softmaker software in Nuremberg. You have to register it but it has a choice for not register but always easy to register. the only lack on the software is their templates are very simple and you can’t do database and presentation work in it other than that its value for work

Re: Open Office like software

I have been using this software for my windows PC for the few years there is couple out of glitches of which one is there are docs that I have to filled every month which abiword aren’t doing right .this open and saves without a problem but its ask me to register every time no matter what data I fill in it but that is tolerable it just a one in every month process and the biggest advantage of this software is that it is portage you don’t have to install it for your programs to run this would some time really comes handy.

Using it for the first time I came to some conclusion for the software it’s really work slow form my computer with configuration of Pentium M @ GHz which has 1 GB of RAM. It cannot read or write Microsoft word 2000/2003 document or open it. The wordprocessor, planmaker and spreadsheet grabs two cell box while with unselected one. It do not give spell checks for my native language and last but not the least the web forum for softmaker is mixed with different version including Linux but overall it nice alternative for office

I really don’t understand is it why do you actually need free alternative for open office while OpenOffice itself is available for free never the less if you want to get new alternative for open office then you should take in to notice that the software you are getting have compatibility with Microsoft office and OpenOffice . just thought to make a note that now softmaker had updated office 2006 to office 2008 which is also available free on their website . I am not big fan od softmaker office 2006/2008 I have jus recently switched to Lotus LibreOffice .