Thread: Unable to play .mov file on QuickTime 10.6.2. on the MacBook Pro

Unable to play .mov file on QuickTime 10.6.2. on the MacBook Pro

I have installed QuickTime 10.6.2 on the MacBook pro of mine. Well I am getting an issue while playing .move file on the computer of mine. I am getting an error message while doing the same. I cant figure out why the above mentioned issue is happening into the situation of mine. Let me know if you are having any speculation on this particular matter. I am waiting for the prompt replies of yours. Thanks a lot in advance.

Re: Unable to play .mov file on QuickTime 10.6.2. on the MacBook Pro

In this particular situation I wanted to confirm certain thing which will help me to know more about the problem. Which operating system do you have installed on the computer? is there any recent changes on the computer of yours? you told me that you have got an error message on the computer so post the entire error message which you are getting. Share if you are having any other information which will help me to figure out the situation appropriately.

I think I know why you are getting the above mentioned issue on the situation of yours. Well the media player which you have installed on the system is making a References to the movie when you are supposed to do copy and paste it did not seems to be Self Contained. If you are looking to do copy and paste then you need to do something like Export than that of using Save and Save As so that you can make it as Self Contained.

I am suspecting that there is an issue with the QuickTime which you have installed on the system of yours. Well I think you need to reinstall the entire software on the system of yours. such problem many time happens when there is something wrong with the setup of the QuickTime. Make sure that you have restarted the system after uninstalling as well as reinstalling the software on the system of yours.

Have you ever used QuickTime in past to play the .mov file without causing any issue? If you were not having any issue than I recommend that you should simply get the previous version of QuickTime and install the same on the system of yours. if you are still having the same problem than I recommend that you should try with another media player like VLC and see whether it is making any difference in the situation or not.

Well looking at the problem I am highly suspecting that there could be a bug issue with the software which we are talking about over here. Well you should simply contact the developer of the software and file a bug report to them. Well they will work on the same and they will release a patch which you should install on the system of yours so that the issue which you are getting will not occur on the future.