Thread: where can i find similar task manager type software for Mac?

where can i find similar task manager type software for Mac?

Hello guys I have a question on Mac, as you know that in windows you can right-click the Dock icon click close to force quit, but when the Dock won't pop up, the only thing I can do is hard power off the machine. When an application crashes on Windows, it is normally simple to Ctrl-Shift-Esc, raise the Task Manager and close the not responding applications or programs. I am looking for a similar alternative in Mac OSx as directly shutting down your system every time an application or program crashes is not appreciated.

Re: where can i find similar task manager type software for Mac?

There is the Force Quit option you just have to Hold down the option+command+escape keys this will display open applications where you can pick them & force quit them.Also you can open "Activity Monitor" which is like a task manager . It is in the Utility folder within the Applications folder. You can finish all sorts of walking items there.Also- Look under Process Preferences>Accounts>Login ItemsSome applications, when installed, like to put themselves there to start up everytime you log in to your Mac. You can delete them from the list here.

Mac computers browser Safari has memory issues & it can occupy almost all the space and capacity of your RAM. The only way out is if you increase your RAM memory this issue will be less of an issue. I too have a Mac & safari really sucks and it’s pretty damn slow. Safari browser do have a tendency to crash too often during browsing H.D content I mean downloading or viewing high definition images.

Mac Browser Safari doesn't like pages with plenty of large images. It’ll happily bring the machine to rest. iTunes is on the whole first rate IMO, but every so often it will lock up while trying to play sure lossless m4a files for some reason. Copying them from the CD again seems to resolve the issue. I am sure it is a feature of OSX as have changed one hard drive this is the second one I am on & I had to reinstalled lot of times to resolve various petty programming issues.

I do agree on Apple Lossless' extensions, thank you for showing me that issue. I was thinking of course of MPEG4 audio which is as you know a loss format. As for the Safari issue, could it be that you're not ever quitting Safari? That could be the cause of the problem you're describing. As you probably now, clicking the red button does not close Safari or any other Mac windows, though Apple is a bit inconsistent on this.

You are absolutely right on the Apple Lossless. Its extension is m4a. Mac OSX is a stable operating system as compared to most of its competitors. I never have Safari freeze the whole machine. Not once I can remember in fact. If that is happening there, something is not right. You can have a thorough check on your system; maybe your software’s gone corrupt.