Thread: Unusual software error in ASUS EEEPC 900

Unusual software error in ASUS EEEPC 900

I tried to update bios EEE PC 900 and, probably something went wrong, it probably means nothing explicitly looked bad. Here is what I did: The original BIOS was 906. I wanted to upgrade to the latest version, which is 1006. I downloaded from the website of the 1006 BIOS from Asus (zipped -. No problem during the removal) 900.ROM renamed and pasted it onto a FAT formatted USB key. I do not use the Asus update program, because Windows BIOS update is not secure and this update was unable to update the BIOS, why I do not know? I restarted the computer and use Alt + F2 to start the update. Again, no problem seemed to occur. During the update, I was asked to restart the Eee and its now bricked.

Re: Unusual software error in ASUS EEEPC 900

Entering the BIOS Configuration Utility by pressing F2 and Eee PC 900 is attempting to boot.
    • Press the right arrow until you go to 'startup' tab
    • Scroll down to enter "Setting the boot configuration"
    • Disable "Quick Start" and "Quiet Boot"
    • Press F10 to save configuration settings
    • confidently boot into Windows then observe if it behaves with the random closing annoying.

If its the trouble of operating system then you may had an improper shutdown and this caused corruption that is causing a crash during the boot process. The above tips do not seem to be obtained by running CHKDSK, then you can auto set. Otherwise you can have a backup of files and perform a restore to work again.

I know the old BIOS version was 906. So we checked the Asus website, all BIOS versions provided for all Eee PC 900 (HA, HD, SD, etc), and the only one bios was the Eee 906 900 (only 900). And the latest BIOS for the Eee 900 are version 1006. So bad I did not write biographies. Also, I tried the method FN-CTRL-HOME (several times, with a proper BIOS on a USB stick or SD card), to no avail. The USB stick does not even use his flashing LED so I guess that no power is sent to the USB ports.

Same set with me. I have read many threads on brick Eee and behavior of mine is a bit special.
    When I start the Eee:
    • -Battery (and power supply, if connected) and WLAN LEDs are lit
    • -On the hard drive blinks for a microsecond
    • -The fans are inactive
    • -The screen backlight is black, was also apparently
    • -LEDs remain lit for about 10 seconds-that 's the strange behavior that I spoke, then everything shuts down. Eee seems to be closed and, consequently, a large number of operations unbricking seems impossible.
    • -If I take RAM: same behavior
    • -If I remove the hard disk, the same behavior, except HDD LED does not blink

Your query that you have posted is not exactly explain their defeat. Try this: While the unit is charging to enter the BIOS setup utility by pressing F2 and Eee PC 900 is attempting to boot. If the operating system or else it cannot enter the BIOS setup, the screen goes black on boot, nothing seems to be working. In fact, the Eee does not hang during boot, but not boot at all and off.

Duplicate this file in the root directory (ie not in a folder) on your flash drive. Wait 15 seconds (to allow the OS to write to the drive) and then remove the flash drive. Insert the flash drive into a USB port on the Eee PC, and turn it on. If the flash unit is turned on it, you'll see flashes for 1-2 seconds. Wait for 10 whole minutes, and turn the Eee PC off. When you turn on the Eee PC again it will be successfully recovered.