Thread: upgrading Sansa Fuze+ Firmware 1.29.03 to firmware 02.37.01

upgrading Sansa Fuze+ Firmware 1.29.03 to firmware 02.37.01

Last month I bought Sansa Fuze+ MP3 player. I have heard that SanDisk has introduced new firmware for Sansa Fuze+. So I have decided to have it in my Fuze+. But I don’t know which version currently I’m using in my Sansa Fuze+. So friend can you tell me that how I check what is the current version of my player? And also tell me that what is the difference between my player firmware and new firmware. Is there are any major changes they have added that make us change the firmware or there are minor changes. Please give me some suggestion about that.

Re: upgrading Sansa Fuze+ Firmware 1.29.03 to firmware 02.37.01

Yeah it’s really nice that you want to update the firmware of the Sansa Fuze+ which you have. But let me tell you that Sansa Fuze+ has introduced new version 02.37.01 id doesn’t have any major changes compare to your player firmware. So from my point of view if you are satisfied with your previous player firmware then no need to update your firmware. It just only the time waste. But still you want to change your firmware then you can download other firmware from internet and then install in to your player Fuze+. But first make sure that which version of firmware you are using.

Since you desire to know which version you have in your player you are basically able to accompany the beneath directions:
    First turn on your Sansa Fuze+ player which you do always, then after switching on go to the main menu of your player, in menu there will be some listed option is available.
    Then go to settings menu in that menu there will be so much different settings option are available you just simply go to system settings, after entering in to the system setting there you have to select on more option player “info”, this option will you provide player information and also tell you which version are you using.

This new version firmware 02.37.01 has overcome with some major change compare to firmware 1.29.03. Because this firmware I install in my player and I see some changes like there are incorrect language strings which are corrected. My device gets hang every time or during playback but after updating this problem is solve and have altered the slight sound warp while skimming melody catalogue. Before updating my device always get rebooted when replay gain is selected but now all this rebooting error is solved thanks to this new firmware. If you have any problem with your device quickly install this firmware in your device.

I can’t say that there are major changes done if you compare f firmware 02.37.01 with Firmware 1.29.03. But there are some minor changes done by Sansa introducing this new firmware in the market. The changes like enhancing the sound quality of player. Through this firmware your player will support more file format like WAV and FLAC files. if you want this firmware just simply search on internet or go to Sansa official websites there they were uploaded this firmware. Just simply download this firmware and install in to player and enjoying the listening songs with new file format of songs.

I will help you in how to install firmware in you player. Just follow my instruction:
    First remove any external card from your player. Make sure that battery should be charge more than 50%. Then plug your Sansa Fuze+ with computer through USB cable. Extract the firmware.sb file which you have downloaded from the internet. After extracting, drag the file to the root directory of your Sansa Fuze+. Disconnect your player and let the firmware update started. Once this updating is over, automatically it will turn off. Turn on your player and select the language and region favorite.
    Now you can enjoy your songs in new firmware.