Thread: Black screen with NVIDIA 258.96 SLI driver

Black screen with NVIDIA 258.96 SLI driver

Hi, I am very upset with the machine I am using, as I have installed the NVIDIA 258.96 SLI driver for the GPU I am having. As far as I know I have installed the latest BIOS as well in the machine, but still while playing BFBC2 for about 5-10mins the screen goes completely black and I can only able to perceive sound, on the screen nothing happens, and with no other option I have to reboot the machine, there isn’t any way to turn the game off, so what would be the problem, any suggestion? thanks.

Re: Black screen with NVIDIA 258.96 SLI driver

Having black screen have too many reason that can cause such a bad situation, so I think I would say you should try to get the better driver first, so we can at least figure out whether it is because of the drive that you are using. and as the extent to I know there are too many problem with the driver that you have installed rather I would say its buggy still, so rather than these you should try another versions driver in your machine.

See according to me the driver that you are using is for the SLI motherboards, so first of all make sure that the motherboard you have is having such a capability, or else this is completely irregular driver you are using I would say, in fact if suppose your motherboard don’t support SLI feature then you must have to install the appropriate drive in your machine, or you’ll get problem for sure.

Yeah Exactly I also have the same opinion as the above user, as If your motherboard is not able to provide you the SLI support you cannot use it, and the driver that you’re using is particularly made for that only, so for that from the NVIDIA control panel you can have option to configure the SLI setting, so from there only try to disable to the SLI, so while you play the game it would not make use of any such services, and may the screen run the way you expect.

If suppose your motherboard is of SLI compatible but still there is some considerable things that can make such a problem, as you Must have to use the SLI bridge in order to use the SLI feature, so if you haven’t installed the SLI bridge in your machine, you must have to install as it is the necessary thing, and even after installing that don’t forget to configure the settings from the NVIDIA control panel and then try to run the game.

I am agree with the above user as you should first of all make sure about the hardware and its compatibility, but if suppose you are still having the same problem with the hardware you are using, I think there might be some problem with the game only, because I think this is the only possibility remain with this issue, so for that I would like to recommend you that you should at least try to uninstall the current game and then install it again in your machine, and by the way this is happening with this particular game only or with all the game?

I think you should try to visit the NVIDIA website for further assistance, as from there you’ll get the solution for sure, because as you visit that site you need to provide the information about the hardware that you are using and after that they will provide you the list of drivers that you can make use with it, and off course you can vary that whether you are using the appropriate driver or not, if not then you need to download the suitable driver for sure.