Thread: step to install WD software on my WD Passport Essentials SE 1 TB Ext hard Disk.

step to install WD software on my WD Passport Essentials SE 1 TB Ext hard Disk.

I purchase new 1 TB WD My passport Essential SE external hard disk, but after some days I lost supportive, properties software of my WD Hard disk. Anyone can suggest me how can I get that?, how can download and from where I can download that , I updated the drive firmware online and downloaded the Smart ware but there is no original software on hard disk.

Re: step to install WD software on my WD Passport Essentials SE 1 TB Ext hard Disk.

I had same issue as you, I also lost properties software of my WD hard disks. I will tell how to get back this software.so first visit the official site of the WD then just give the your product details like model number ,type then you will different type of categories then select properties software and download the package,but first check the it is appropriate for your hard disk or not.other wise it will not install in your hard disk and it will give error.

Re: step to install WD software on my WD Passport Essentials SE 1 TB Ext hard Disk.

Thanks for co-operation and response, I went to the official site and then I mention my product name and type as you said and they give me link for download the software. then I click on that and download that firmware and install on drive and also install the smartware on system but one problem is occurred when I unpack the smartware package before installation can I copied other file into hard disk is this possible?

Satyrs Guest

I think you just formatted the drive, so unfortunately your data is deleted or removed from hard disk. But it does not mean it is deleted permanently .if you want back then you can recovered that data from recover data software. Just download recovery data software from internet then open it and it will give you search format like date wise or drive wise or total .select one of them and also type of the file you want to recover .it will take some time then you will get that file .