Thread: What is "Wecsvc". ???

What is "Wecsvc". ???

HI to all
    I am new here just found this sight. Look like a good one. I have been trying to fix Windows Update. It will not down load and it's been a while now.
    So while trying to fix it and still. In the Services under Administrative Tools.
    As I tryed to find "Intelligent Transfer Service (BITS)" witch is not there. I found this "Wecsvc" <faild to read description. Error code: 2>.

Eagle 1

Re: What is "Wecsvc". ???

From the web, wecsvc.dll is a dll file belonging to Microsoft Windows Operating System from Microsoft Corporation Non-system processes like wecsvc.dll originate from software you installed on your system. As most applications store data in your system's registry, it is likely that your registry has suffered fragmentation and accumulated harmful errors.

Thank for the help The only thing I have notes is that I cannot do Windows up dates. I cannot fix it I tryed everything so it leaves me no choice but to reinstall Vista with a clean install . Or should just get Windows 7 seeing I will be starting over anyway. How much longer is Vista good for before they stop sending up dates a year or less maby ??? Thanks
    Jim

I have heard that Wecsvc works in conjunction with WinRM to collect events from multiple computers and to store them locally. When Wecsvc fails, it is likely WinRM produced errors in the Application event log as well. To quickly stop these warnings from occurring in the event logs, uninstall "Hardware Monitor" through "Add/Remove Windows Components".