Thread: which one is better among realtek audio driver, nvidia audio driver or none?

which one is better among realtek audio driver, nvidia audio driver or none?

Well recently I have bought a new Asus Eee PC 1015PEM laptop. Unfortunately I can’t play any audio files. I want to know which audio drivers are good. Should I go for Realtek audio driver, Nvidia or nothing between them? Is it necessary to have either one of them? Kindly help. Please suggest me and guide me properly on the above. Thank you

Re: which one is better among realtek audio driver, nvidia audio driver or none?

Asus Eee PC 1015PEM laptop comes default with the realtek audio driver. you can download realtek audio driver from any website. The process is very simple and easy. You can download v3.7.2a which is around 11 mb. Realtek has added a small logo of the motherboard manufacturer inside the Realtek control panel which includes speaker configuration, environment effects, 3D audio demo, microphone background noise suppress. I don’t have much idea about the Nvidia. My choice has always been realtek. So you can go for it. Without a sound driver audio cannot be played.

Re: which one is better among realtek audio driver, nvidia audio driver or none?

Well as far as I know that you will have better control over sound settings using the NV audio drivers from nvidia's site than the Realtek drivers. The GUI better with the nvidia drivers than Realtek's. but let me tell you that none of the driver seems to enable EAX Advanced HD. I like the sound quality of the Realtek's AC97 much better. But I don't know which one has the best performance.

You should probably stick to realtek if you have an HD chip. One thing i like is the drivers with NV are the layout is much better and look better but performance suffers. this is why i picked RealTek drivers over NV's. NV's drivers are more compatible so they work on most NV boards with the AL850+ chipsets. Realtek audio drivers have good sound quality over Nvidia. But while playing If you ever experience failure then the realtek driver may be the reason for it. I would say realtek audio driver is the best.