Thread: Which software to install in order to complete the new desktop build?

Which software to install in order to complete the new desktop build?

Hello friends I have been building up with a new desktop and now it has been completed I just need to know which drivers and software should be installed in it before I start using it? I am completely new in the computer field and I have lot many questions and out of that the first and the simplest query for you all not for me is which drivers and software’s are to be installed in new computer?

Re: Which software to install in order to complete the new desktop build?

Well friend this is actually a small question but an important one we really need t know which are the basic software’s and which should be installed in the computer in the beginning, because many time many users just keep installing lot of software and then start facing many problems and may be they don’t install any software and driver and then starts getting frustrated by thinking what went wrong why this is not working why that is not working so I think this is an important question either and in short I would be saying install all the driver first you have got for mother board and then just install the antivirus and that’s it I think.

This basically depends on the type of user how you have to use your pc and what you have to do over it and this would be giving your answer if you are just a normal user than you need all the driver for the motherboard and this is must for everyone and then antivirus and then office 2007 or whichever you would like this is the program for a normal user and now further is depend on now what you want to do like the graphic designer would be installing photo shop and all so different users would be selecting different software’s.

This is an important question because I think that there are millions of the software and it is very tuff to note down which one you should get and which one not basically I would like to tell you how have been doing and I hope you would like the way I have been processing, once when I format my pc the next thing I do is I have installed windows 7 in it and this solves my driver problem itself and now I would be installing the antivirus and then I install the Picasa and VLC video player and then a browser as Firefox or Chrome as am never happy with the IE version and then it is ready for a normal use.

Your MB video card comes with the CD driver manufacturers. My personal preference. I use the CD that comes with the products and the original charge, tried to work with drivers that come with the products. Especially if you have no prior experience with the products they are building. You can always update the drivers for Nvidia / AMD / ATI / Intel. Just my personal experience as I have said. Then just install the antivirus and then I would say Do what you want.

If you have a disk i install virus protection before going online. If you have an antivirus program I would suggest that the first thing to do is get online and download one. Then go find the drivers, etc.
    updating the BIOS make a backup before you go there. First discover what BIOS you have. You may have the correct version. And off course the antivirus you have installed must be upgraded to and then enjoy your pc and as you learn more you can get more software’s as suggested and as required.

Well the motherboard driver then a antivirus is the basic and the first software which you should be having it in your pc after you get a fresh OS installed in you system and after that you can look out for a good browser and then update all the antivirus and drivers and bios and all then you would look out for a good video and audio player like VLC or GOM player or may be DivX and then office software would be a good option and the picasa for image viewing would be nice too and then if you are a game you can go for games if you are developer you for go for developing tools as you would be suggested and if you are a 3D designer you can go with the Photoshop and all.

Thanks guys this was a good discussion over it and my problem is solved and now i know a lot about it, i am new to this computer field so i was asking this question and i dint knew that there would be so many people trying to suggest me the best i was hardly expecting 1 or 2 replys over this but really thanks a lot for having such a nice discussion and letting me learn a lot.