Thread: Creating Windows Ribbon-like control using RB code

Creating Windows Ribbon-like control using RB code

Recently I am creating Windows Ribbon-like control using RB code. Its design is based on Windows 7 ribbon control which is visible in Paint and Wordpad. I thought of adding embedding regular controls in the ribbon, but it will take time. This control is a Windows control mockery, but is compatible with Mac and Windows. If you think that I am going wrong than please notify me with your comments.

Re: Creating Windows Ribbon-like control using RB code

The one, who uses Word rarely, can’t survive without the ribbon for making dynamic document. Actually word suddenly doesn’t have more features but for an instance it can suddenly discover more features and experiment with the documents. Due to ribbon there has been massive improvement in the professionalism of my Microsoft Word document. Its basically for professional users .Including REALbasic its been exposed through Win32 API’s, also native implementation is possible.

If you ask me then a ribbon control is a tab in the toolbar. While there is requirement of special feature in the software, the ribbon has a tab named “temporary” to interact with special features. Because of it, there is an advantage that important actions are displayed at any time. Another important merit is that there is dynamic control for each size button i.e. if you reduce the size or width of the window the will also displayed smaller. Hope the information that I have provided helps you.

The ribbon bar is an abomination to the word of experienced Excel users. It frequently takes a few clicks to do that utilizing a lone click afar. The Microsoft implementation of bar tape in MS Office is that you could probably modify the toolbars found in Office 2003. The predominant utilize of the systems I could spend 10-15 moments setting up my toolbar the way I needed, then after that set for following year or something like that. In the event that you give the user that a limit, it is worth. They are not ready to plan a programming system that runs on less than 2GB of RAM. All that sight to behold is what is not. It actually takes too extended to do undertakings in Office 2007 contrasted with Office 2003.

I have been using Microsoft Office 2007 for the past. Anything further than changing an attribute of the source has at least one extra mouse click, incurred only to change the bar ribbon to another view. And the bar of the ribbon may be sensitive to context as well. Sometimes it displays what you are searching for while sometimes not. When you blink or accidentally click on another object and on the command you are looking for is no longer visible. No gray, but in reality is not yet visible.

According to me, I think that the person who designed the ribbon bar for Microsoft Office must have possessed number of stocks in monitor companies. You must have approximately 24 inch or 30 inch monitor to see all the buttons of ribbon bar in Microsoft Office 2007. If you don’t have a monitor of 24 inch or 30 inch then you have to use scroll control in ribbon bar. Scrolling as well as many mouse clicks to search for more required features.

The most significant part is our reliance on icons for commands. The icons you use, the icons lose their ability to deliver fast and intuitive means for the user. For this reason traditional icons represent objects in a graphical user interface, not commands, and it stems from a core set of basic shapes, intuitive. Toolbars Using the icons for the commands, but often show the tabs underneath the same reason. Moreover, trying to represent all application commands as icons in a region that never goes away or falls is a huge waste of screen space. Menu bars use the text and the collapse of a single row thin for a reason.