Thread: Best Linux distro that won't slowdowns the machine

Best Linux distro that won't slowdowns the machine

Hi, I have install Linux in my EEE PC and not I am looking ot have any good distro for with that, and as I was searching yester for this only, there are too many I found with their different specifications and the designs and many more things, so my question very simple as which one is the best distro that we can use with the Linux. And I am not just interested in the design rather I want a distro with a good Hardware compatibility, effortlessness of utilization, the size of a software repository. Any suggestion?

re: Best Linux distro that won't slowdowns the machine

See as you also know that there are too many distros that you can install in your machine but still it would be better if you specify the exact configuration you have, because it would be easy for me as well for choosing any one of them, because there are distro’s which needs some of the specific minimum configuration available in the machine then only they work perfectly or else it will install in the laptop but still you’ll get problem with other functioning.

According to me if suppose you are the novice to the Linux so you should first of all try with the Ubuntu 11.04, because it has only just managed to hold on to the top-spot as the best distro for beginners. A slick and accelerated full-screen interface which will permits us to switch speedily among applications and find your files. But let me tell you that in this version there is some stability issue as well, but you can have another option as well to use the older version of Ubuntu, there weren’t any problem found with that version.

Exactly I also have the same opinion as the above user, as if suppose you’re using it for the first time you should install ubuntu in the machine with the Linux, but if you have very good experience with the distro’s you can have Arch, because the functionality that you’re looking in the distro all are present in this, but along with that you’ll have many more customization options as well. but let me tell you that Arch is absolutely not a distribution for the unsuspecting.

I have 1005PE machine in which I have gotten 2Gb RAM, so I think this is enough for running any of the distro as far as I know, isn’t it? and yeah let me tell you that I am not the beginner but still not very much familiar with this distro concepts, and off course I have used ubuntu earlier with the machine, so I know that but what next apart from that which has a good option and performance as well.

Well, it seems that the machine you have is quite older and because of that I would like to suggest you that you should try Puppy Linux 5.2.5 on your machine. The most important feature rather I would say strength is its flexibility. As when I had installed it in my machine so I came to the results as it's tremendously superior at scaling, dissimilar as several other OS, you won't have to alternative to run older versions either. There are abundance of distro’s that will take the newest software, the newest kernel and off course the most recent drivers as well, but you won’t have to worry about this after installing this.

Re: Best Linux distro that won't slowdowns the machine

There isn’t any special distro that you’ll get according to your specification, as there are too many pros and cons of each and every distro, and after installing them we need to deal with them in order to use the features, so if you are think that you’ll get very Exact distro that you are looking for than let me tell you that’s next to worthless, Ok apart from this you can have option to get Linux Mint 11, Jolicloud 1.2, Debian 6.0.1, OpenSUSE 11.4, CentOS 5.6, Ubuntu Studio 11.04.