Thread: Unable to install drivers on Eee PC S101 running windows 7

Unable to install drivers on Eee PC S101 running windows 7

Hi, I have recently installed windows 7 on my Eee PC S101, but as I was installing the required drivers for the laptop, it was not able to install anyway. So what would be the problem, because when I was installing those drivers in my machine I have already check the compatibility also, and they all are compatible with the windows 7 as well, but still no luck I am not able to install those drivers in the machine, any suggestion for this?

Re: Unable to install drivers on Eee PC S101 running windows 7

I am not getting as why you are trying to install the drivers in the laptop as when you installed the windows 7, it is preloaded with the drivers, such as audio drivers and the video driver as well, and if you concern other things, they don’t requires drivers nowadays. So let me tell you again that there isn’t any need of installing additional drivers in the laptop you have, you can use the one that is preloaded.

I am agreed with the above user as they have already given you the appropriate drivers, and as they are already installed in the machine you’ll not be able to install other drivers, and if suppose you want to install them, so in order to do that first of all you need to uninstall the drivers which is preinstalled with the operating system. so after uninstalling them you can install whatever driver you want, but still would like to recommend you that you should first check the compatibility first then only carry on.

Yeah I got it that’s the only problem, I was really worried about this, and when I was searing the internet, I was getting the same explanation from all the sources. But still though I have to uninstall the drivers, but how to do that? as I know how to uninstall the drivers which is actually installed by ourselves, but how to install this one which is actually given by the windows itself. Anymore suggestion.

I think you haven’t check the control panel, because you’ll get the drivers there only, and form there itself you have to uninstall the drivers from your laptop, but if suppose you didn’t find any such from that list you can do the same thing by different way as well. I mean to say there is another option to do the same thing, as you can uninstall them from the device manager as well, select the particular name and then right clicking will enable its property and from there you can uninstall them from the you laptop.