Thread: Is it Palm Desktop 4.2 work with Windows 7?

Is it Palm Desktop 4.2 work with Windows 7?

I just got a new Windows 7, 64-bit computer. I am completely dependent on my Palm Desktop 4.2 software. Now I want to use this Palm Desktop 4.2 software on the windows 7 operating system. Previously I used this software on the windows XP but I have not experience it on the windows 7 OS. Is there any person experience about it? If any experience about this issue then please suggest your own thoughts.

Re: Is it Palm Desktop 4.2 work with Windows 7?

If you have a Windows 7 version that is compatible with the Windows XP Mode, then install Palm desktop while in the Windows XP Mode; this windows XP mode of the windows 7 will be provide the opportunity to do this task. Using this you can able to just do this task and it will be help to solve the problem. Then use it and it really work to solve this problem. This windows XP mode for the win 7 has to be offer this features.

I can't give any recommendations on using 4.2 on Windows 7. I have personally done all testing and I have done it is with Palm desktop 6.2 which was considered to work with Vista and since Windows 7. It is basically Vista 2.0 it only makes since to continue with that version. It has been tested on Windows 7 and is compatible. It requires Palm Desktop 6.2 or higher to be installed on the computer. Then upgrade your software. This will be help you to solve the problem.

Palm Desktop 4.2 and lower are not fully compatible with Windows 7 and cannot install or sync third party products such as Documents To Go. you must have Palm Desktop 6.2 or higher version installed on this windows 7 OS. This will be work and then you can able to access the features of this software. If your Windows 7 computer and Palm OS handheld meet the requirements for Palm Desktop 6.2, you can download it from Palm's web site.

Many users have successfully installed and used Palm Desktop 6.2 with Windows 7. Palm has not completed thorough testing with a variety of intermediary equipment running Windows 7, therefore Palm cannot promise compatibility. Palm Desktop by ACCESS 6.2 is compatible with Windows Vista. You can also use this software on the windows 7 operating system. Then use this software solution. It help you to solve the problem.

if PALM is not committed enough to put out a windows 7 64 bit USB driver, then you need to install Palm desktop 6.2 software on it. The best you can do is go back to your 4.2 version on your other partition and export the data out and then import into the 6.2 version. This will be help you to perform the upgrading from Desktop 4.2 to desktop 6.2 software. This will be work and you can use the latest version on it instead of the previous version.

For anyone else who is interested, Palm Desktop 4.2 installs and runs just fine on Windows 7. We need to try to do this thing. I hope sometime this will be work and it will be solve the problem. Then do this installation task and it really work to solve the installation problem. You can also take help of the expert which is present on the official site of the palm. This will be help to do this installation on the windows 7 OS.