Thread: Download Details for Sansa Media Converter Build 4.256 & 4.263

Download Details for Sansa Media Converter Build 4.256 & 4.263

Sansa Media Converter download, please download and install Sansa Firmware Updater First, connect your chance and check for updates. Sansa Updater cannot be opened if the Sansa has the latest firmware installed. In this case, go to Start> All Programs> SanDisk> Sansa Updater, with the chance to connect inch Updater opens, and then take a moment to check for updates. If the device is eligible, you must obtain Sansa Media Converter at the list of downloads available.
    1. The new version of the SMC (263) is only liquefy (V1 and V2) and melt + again.
    2. All of the above / Legacy Sansa will still be able to download the previous / current SMC (256).

Re: Download Details for Sansa Media Converter Build 4.256 & 4.263

It appears that SMC cannot write outside of ASCII filenames that is. Will trying reproducing the Following:
    1. Copy "Bear.avi" (or Any That you have handy video short - I used this from Sample Videos in Vista) to. "avi";
    2. Start the SMC and the Latter Add Media file (Which displays fine in SMC);
    3. Media Convert it (SMC pretends as if nothing wrong There is, and Reports Successful conversion);
    4. Fuze's Open Video File --- You Do Not Find the *. avi *. THM file cloud.
    5. Repeating Steps 2 through 4 with the "Bear.avi" INSTEAD Would You Give Expected result year on Fuze You Can view the Bear.

The fact that Sansa seems to want is to constantly improve/update their products, but I must say that Sansa Media Converter IS NOT user friendly at all. Frankly, it shouldn't be such a pain to try load photos and you shouldn't have to be a techie to do it. I struggled to get photos on my Fuze and after several hours of trying to figure it out, I was so frustrated I almost took the Fuze back. My 19 yr old can load his photos onto his I pod in a couple of clicks. Is there not a way to make the Sansa Media Convertermuch more user friendly? I would never have known that I have to use another converter to convert movies to an Sansa Media Converter workable format had I not nosed around in the forums. I know nothing about Codecs, reformatting, etc and shouldn't have to just to be able to put a movie or photo on my Fuze.

I acquired this Fuze as an elective to the ipod. Following spending 3 days attempting to decipher how to transfer pics and films to this item, I am on the borderline of bringing once again for a discount. It's absolutely impossible that this method might as well be so entangled. Restrictive usb lines could be understandable, but needing to utilize that useless SMC product (that won't even stack on my 13 Gig laptop since it declares that there's not enough space), then introducing it on my PC and STILL not having the capacity to change over (grayed out proselyte catch) is the last bit of excess that will be tolerated. It is silly that you could not actually utilize the fuze as an outside HD and move documents manually.

No I can see a need to do a couple of operations:

1. Rotate the video pi/2 radians.
    2. Reduce the resolution to match that of the screen, and the frame rate to match the abilities of the device.
    3. Tag with time marks, so that the audio and video don't get out of sync.
      It would be a nice idea, too, if the device itself was able to remember where you were in the video when you turn it off, so it comes back to the same spot later.

For the record, I have been using WinFF and the settings in the post Arseno united too and moreover Avidemux he was kind enough to confer data of. I haven't done any 2 hour movies, but I have successfully modified over approx. 100 part-hour TV exhibits and differing downloaded .flv motion pictures using the aforementioned units and when that finishing up the alteration and transfer with SMC to external memory cards. They play unsurpassably fine on both my e280v2 and Fuze players.

I had no set back converting videos to my FUZE until I used up my space on my internal memory. When connecting my FUZE and running SMC, the external memory is not recognized. The help section said that if the player was NOT connected that SMC would save the output file to the temporary directory. I was going to try this and then transfer the output video manually to the external card (copy&paste through Win-Explorer). This doesn't work either as the CONVERT button is grayed out if the player is not plugged in.