Thread: Unable to open saved project in Audacity

Unable to open saved project in Audacity

Please help me to solve my troubleshooting. When I try to open the project in which a document folder keep the project name appears right touch with a lot of data files in it. I can not open the project in its entirety only sound bites at a time. What to do to solve this?

Re: Unable to open saved project in Audacity

However, click the file AUP. Open Audacity first and File> Open> file AUP. I do not know why it makes a difference that should not but it does. Audacity will not "save" the sound files. For only a sound file of your show, Export as WAV, and do it before turning on the computer or close Audacity. I'm sure it will help for sure.

Audacity upgrade to 1.3.13, then you probably will be able to use other characters in filenames, but will not solve the problem of Audacity 1.2.x projects existing as codified ANSI and Unicode are not. To solve the old projects that may have you will need to open a text editor (eg Notepad or Notepad + + are invalid characters and change it, then save the file. I have changed Invalid characters in this acceptable use policy for the file name of the track is now "unknown." If you put this file in the same folder as the original AUP should be able to open it.

There could be a problem with the file encoding. If you still have the original "SuperHero.aup" file, try changing the names wavetrack (lines 1215 and 1268 - <wavetrack name="Anyname" ), it is also possible that with all the running around trying to fix the problem that the. Au data files have been inadvertently deleted, in which case you need to remove and replace tracks of silence.

If you open the AUP in a text editor, you will see that each block of data is in the list,

For example:
    Code:
    <simpleblockfile filename="e00005cc.au" len="262144" min="-0.8" max="0.8" rms="0.565683"/>
    The data file here called "e00005cc.au". If I am in the same project _data folder I see a file "projectname_data \ e00 \ d00 \ e00005cc.au" corresponding to the inclusion in the AUP file. If the name (s) of files, UA data do not match, I doubt you will be able to fix it. It's a long shot, but if you look at the file names. UA listed in the file. AUP for the track with missing data, you can search your computer to see if files exist anywhere. If they exist, but are in the wrong place, then it may be possible to match a backup by correcting the location of the file.

If you open the AUP in a text editor, you will see that each block of data is in the list,

For example:
    Code:
    <simpleblockfile filename="e00005cc.au" len="262144" 
    min="-0.8" max="0.8" rms="0.565683"/>
    The data file here called "e00005cc.au". If I am in the same project _data folder I see a file "projectname_data \ e00 \ d00 \ e00005cc.au" corresponding to the inclusion in the AUP file. If the name (s) of files, UA data do not match, I doubt you will be able to fix it. It's a long shot, but if you look at the file names. UA listed in the file. AUP for the track with missing data, you can search your computer to see if files exist anywhere. If they exist, but are in the wrong place, then it may be possible to match a backup by correcting the location of the file.

It is because of the "®" character from "Pirates of the Caribbean the soundtrack ® 1". Avoid using non-alphanumeric characters. Try to keep az, AZ and 0-9. Avoid the bars, spaces, symbols, and everything else. To solve this problem first make a backup of the file. aup (even better if you make a backup of the whole project) only for security. Then open the file. aup in a text editor such as Notepad. Go to line 411 and remove that '®' character.ave the file without changing the extension.

That character also appears in line 439. Remove that one also. You can find other "forbidden" characters could not complain do the same procedure for those. You might also consider upgrading to the latest version 1.3.13. Audacity 1.2 is very old and no longer supported, patched, corrected or updated. Audacity 1.2 can be unstable on newer computers. Download and install the latest Audacity 1.3 from internet.