Thread: Vocals isolation in Audacity

Vocals isolation in Audacity

Please help me as soon as possible. I have two MP3 files and both are stereo. They are full song and its instrumental. How do I reverse them to isolate acapella? This is my set back. I have done many researches over the internet and came to a conclusion that there is no solution to this at “Vocal Removal”.

Re: Vocals isolation in Audacity

If you are really using Audacity 1.2.x, I recommend that you upgrade to Audacity 1.3.13,
    you can get online. The reason I am telling you to do it because Audacity 1.2.x is very old. Audacity 1.3.13 is much better. It is often not possible to isolate the voices, even if you have both the "Full Song" and its instrumental. To "cancel" the complete instrumental entire song, the instruments must be identical on both recordings. This is not just "sound" the same, must be absolutely identical. MP3 encoding is an encoding format inaccurate, so there will be some differences between the instrumental, making it impossible to complete cancellation.

Some degree of isolation of voice may still be possible, but it will not be perfect. Indeed, it is likely to be very poor. To cancel the instrumental, you must import the two tracks in Audacity to a track directly below the other. Find a part where there are no vowels, and zoom around. With the "Time Shift" tool (look for a button with a double-headed arrow drag "<-->") one of the tracks on the left / right to the line of waveforms to exactly.

If the instrumental parts are identical and exactly aligned, the instrumental part is gone leaving only the voice. I hope this does not work, because I doubt that the instrumental parts will be exactly the same, so it will be impossible to line up exactly. When this method fails, you can try to use the Voice Isolation feature of "Extraboy." This is a commercial (not free) plug-in, but there's a free demo version to try. Audacity 1.3.x is required to use this plug-in VST. Check on the Internet for instruction to install VST plug-ins in Audacity 1.3.x (do not use Audacity VST Enabler 1.3).

I searched the Internet some time to learn the vocal isolation when you have just the song with a voice, not instrumental. Opinions seem to agree. I tried it myself playing with the option of investing in mixing things together, but no luck. Now I have a theory in which left and right are compared and only the identical waves are preserved. If you take each picture, compare the frequencies and drop all frequencies do not match, you just endup center court.

The logical trick to isolate the frequencies and families, often do not work because most of the voices and musical instruments share many if not all frequencies. This is an operating frequency of a note I made on solo piano G two or three octaves. Not a single frequency, although only one piano note. All points are the "nuances" and the harmonics of the note and are what give the instrument a rich sound quality. Also note that the peaks are very similar to someone talk.

The tools all work on identity and address. Elimination of vowels and the division much more difficult to turn around and add only work for singers and instruments in the exact center left to right in the song. Some of the money-based tools can do that trick with the voices and the instruments in the middle. Nobody can do anything with the monkey shows, compressed or entertainment shows with stereo effects or enhancements added to the voice. So that is highly produced shows and almost all MP3 downloads. With all these tools I think, but one ends at the end of the process with a program of mono, not stereo missing your voice.