Thread: Some questions about the audio track display in Audacity

Some questions about the audio track display in Audacity

I have one small doubt on the audio track display which i would like to confirm it with you all. well what i am asking is that dark blue waveform that we get to see in the audio track display. Does anyone here have any knowledge on the same. I am not understand as of which one is the peak and which one is the rms. So please do let me know about the same. I am waiting for the necessary suggestions from you all on this. so do reply to me over here. I am waiting for the suggestions from you all. so start replying on the same. I am waiting for the necessary help from you all.

Re: Some questions about the audio track display in Audacity

Ok if you were not knowing about it then let me tell you that it is the RMS value and nothing else. So that’s what I am saying here. one more thing that I would like to say is that do not worry much on the same since it keeps on fluctuating and it appears as a small blue frame that you can see in the audio display. So that’s what I am saying here, hope you do look at the same I hope I have answered out all the necessary questions of yours and if you need to know more then do let me know about it.

Thanks that you did mention about the same but you did not specify much about the RMS value. I am not able to understand as if what is the RMS value can you please tell me about it. if you have some good information on the same then do let me know about it as soon as possible. Since you spoke about the rms value that is one word that I have heard a lot and hence I need to know more about it. so start mentioning about the same. it will be much better for me. so I am expecting that you all will reply as soon as possible.

Yes it is the RMS value and it is defined to make an indication of the RMS value. Now if you are wondering what is RMS value then let me give you a brief introduction of that on the same. so what I am saying is that it is type of waves or energy of a whole wave. I think that is the point of discussion over here. well if you see the image of the audio track clearly then you can see that a bunch of blue waves that squeezes very tightly. So that’s what I want to say here. Now they keep on squeezing until the essence are being dripped. So that’s the more information that I can give you on that. Do look at it.

Ok thanks for letting me know about that, so appreciate the efforts that you have out in to solve the issue. so thanks a lot for that. I am very much happy that you all did responded well for me over here and I am happy to know about it. So thanks. I was a bit confused about the same and hence I was not knowing about it all. Well what I am saying is that all my confusions have been now solved and all the credit goes to you guys for solving out my problem.