Thread: Error 0x8078002A occurring at backup GoFlex Desk

Error 0x8078002A occurring at backup GoFlex Desk

I buy the GoFlex 3TB GoFlex desk drive to back up my 2TB Windows 7 Ultimate SP1 x64 system. However, every time I try to create a system image, I get this error: 0X8078002A. Therefore I cannot back it up. I began to research this forum and others, so far nothing has worked.Is anyone having any success with drives 3TB or greater? Please advise if you may have some direction for me to go next. Any clues would be appreciated.

Re: Error 0x8078002A occurring at backup GoFlex Desk

You have a corrupt System Restore file preventing the Shadow Copy for the backup program. When you try to perform a full backup on a Windows 7 system, then the request could not be performed because of an error message. You need to run the Checkdsk.exe tool on the drives. It will be help you to be backed up the data present on this system. Then use this tool and it really effective to do this task. Try this solution and see what happen.

I don't be familiar with Windows Backup, but I do know that DiscWizard can make a disaster recovery image for you. DiscWizard makes adding a new hard drive much easier. It can be used to copy all the data from an old drive to the new one. It support for diagnostic partitions, and Windows Vista/Windows 7 support. If you faced any problem at the time of using this DiscWizard then you need to Check for BIOS updates. It helps to solve the problem.

To resolve this problem, Click Start and then open command prompt of this windows 7 system. Then type the Chkdsk /R X: Command and then press ENTER. Next step is to be press Y at the checking of disk that the system restarts. Close all applications, and restart the computer. Windows checks the disk for errors. After doing this task, try to do the backup process using the proper way. I hope it will be work and it solves your problem.

I tried to backup the install as an image on the D: drive and I get the following error code 0x8078002A. I also get the I/O error message. Hence, I decided to do something special on this system. Then I execute the chkdsk command on the command prompt. This command will be useful to check the disk space of the disk. After executing this command I done the restart system. After that again I follow the backup instruction as per it mentioned. It works and problem is being solved.

You need to do the update the Raid driver on this system. This is to be necessary in this process and it will be help you to just solve this problem. Then use this and it will be work to solve this backup problem of the GoFlex Desk. You also need to open the manuals and look for bios option to boot UEFI. This is also work to help the person who has not been capable to do the backup process in this windows 7 system.

Better way to do this backup task is to be open Control Panel, and then select the Classic View in the Tasks Panel. Then open the Administrative Tools by Double click on it. Then choose the Event Viewer, and then expand Custom Views. It shows Administrative Events. Select them and see for 'Red Icon' error message. Double click the error to see the details. This will be help to solve this difficulty. Then use this for the understanding the meaning of the error and do the process as per in the error description.