Thread: Unable to see files from PS3 in Goflex media server

Unable to see files from PS3 in Goflex media server

I unequivocally purchased a 2TB Goflex Home unit and set it like a champ without situations. Yesterday my PS3 would be able to see imparted envelopes and indexes and play motion pictures. Now my PS3 posts the Goflex Home media server but doesn't see/list the records. I have attempted re-checking for media servers to "repopulate" the documents and the learning base prescription, but this did not serve some useful purpose. Thanking all in advanced for helping me and giving me the suggestions.

Re: Unable to see files from PS3 in Goflex media server

I feel that you ought to open the Seagate Share net requisition, then after that clicked on Seagate Share. In the screen that accompanies, I preferred an organizer I'd made in Shares. Put you rodent cursor over a part name and you'll see a bolt show up on the right of the envelope name. Click the shaft and you will get a dropdown menu-select View Details. A screen will show up on the right where you would be able to select sharing then after that unchecks "Share with media gadgets". You would be able to then log out, log again in and re-share the organizer to media apparatuses. If it’s not too much trouble filled me in regarding whether this worked for you or not. Goodness and you would be able to in addition turn your head off when you've "unshared" with media mechanisms, and then fail before you re-actuate media units offering

From the exchange going on I feel that this is not the situation with the Seagate and I feel that the Seagate has any plan what the situation is. In the event that they expertise to settle this they haven't been imparting. All I have perceived is "send your accreditations to them but never any further promote. Is anybody at Seagate yet researching this? In the event that I'm once again being thick and there's a string some place that clarifies how to alter this I'd fondness a channel to it.

While in this case I could would give just about anything to prescribe you that you ought to make a unique user through the dashboard and following then you might as well log over in as the old user it will demonstrate the right drives then again this is pointless as I could probably access the stuff from my machine without making a unique wicked user unfailingly and I am using up users to make. My TV still sees the clear drives yet when I make a brand new user so could not utilize the media server on the application to any detectable degree. It did see it the first time I setup the drive and thought all was amazing. I am not one to protest but this sort of annihilations the reason for a nas head in my eyes. All I have a desire to do is utilize it as an effortless index server on the arrangement.

I was additionally having the same problem I have obtained the drive I think so 5 to 6 days in the past and I have done the game plan without having any situation but the situation was that the mechanism is enduringly overlooking that who is logged in. could moreover quite similar to enter the drives in Linux as and SMB impart which TBH ought to not be hard but I am constrained to stack windows to make a user with the intention that it will reveal to me the legitimate drives again and yet the TV still see's the clear drives. I am sort of bothered at what number of situations I am having with this drive

I think that you have to follow the steps to solve the problem:
    • In the first place, depending on if you have a different PC or laptop in your home, instate the product on that mechanism, but DO NOT UPGRADE
    • And I think that from the new computer you have to just dashboard and head off to imparts and make an allotment that permits you to select media servers click yes to that and additionally click yes to share to the people.
    • And after that you have to go to the drive that you want to share and after that you should click on it.
    • And then you have to choose the folder you want to work with for example the videos or the music or the picture.
    • Then I think that you have to click on the small blue arrow and after that you will be able see an option to share that will help you to the folder with media devices click that function.
    • After that you see a tab that is showing that choose the media type you want to view i.e. videos and this is located at the top of the page.
    • After that this will bring the file that you want to share on a particular drive and after that highlight the drive and after that you should hold the left shift button on the keyboard and then highlight the last file.
    • You will recognize a small shaft on the media sort, click that and you will see an alternative for put in division. You ought to click newfangled the first time you do this, the rest of the time that allotment will be an alternative that you pick.
    • And the last thing that you have to do is sit back and wait, your media will start showing up on the media server, but it takes time.

From the discussion going on I suspect that I had same situation in my PS3 I was going to take the GFH to the refuse (without the drive) but then I did the taking after I went into UPnP choices in your Goflex Home inclination, than I turned it off there, and safeguarded updates and my situation was illuminated. It looks prefer it was a clash with my router and the GFH in the UPnP utilities.