Thread: Unable to install GoFlex drivers in windows XP

Unable to install GoFlex drivers in windows XP

I am using old HP laptop with windows XP operating system and I am using Free Agent GoFlex 500 GB hard drive. I normally use my hard drive with my another laptop having windows 7 laptop but that laptop is now not working as its motherboard have some problem so I am sending that laptop to manufacturer for rehearing and temporary I am going to use my old laptop but when I connect my hard drive with my HP laptop at that time it gives me error saying the drivers failed to install. Please tell me how to fix this issue.

Re: Unable to install GoFlex drivers in windows XP

I think you don’t need to separate drivers for windows Xp in your laptop and when you connect your Free Agent GoFlex 500 GB hard drive with your laptop after that wail for some time and no matter what error it gives you have to first open you’re my computer and after that you have to check that whether your hard drive is displayed in my computer or not. If it is displayed then you don’t have to do anything, because sometimes our operating system detects the plug and play device properly but then also it ask for the drivers. First check this thing and after that let me know.

Did you try to use the Free Agent GoFlex 500 GB hard drive in different USB port? If you have not tried yet then I will suggest you to connect your Free Agent GoFlex 500 GB hard drive in another USB Port and after that you have to check that whether you are getting any error message or not. Sometime in our system one USB port cannot recognize the device but when we try it another port at that time it works perfectly. try this solution and after that let me know what the result is.

I would like to tell you that you have to first download the SeaTools in your laptop and after that you have to install it your laptop. Now after installing the SeaTools you have to connect you hard drive with your laptop and after that you have to open the SeaTools and after that check whether your hard drive is listed in the SeaTools or not. if it is listed then you don’t have to worry and if it is not listed then try to connect your hard drive with different USB cable.

Well I have tried to fix this issue by installing the seatools in my laptop and after that when I connect my hard drive and start the seatools at that time it doesn’t detect my hard drive. Now after doing that I have also tried to connect my hard drive with different USB port but I get the same result. Now please tell me what I should do to solve this problem. I have also tried different USB cables but I am sure that USB cable is not problem.

I am also use of Free Agent GoFlex 500 GB hard drive and I am using my Free Agent GoFlex 500 GB with windows XP only but I have never faced this type issue with my system and Free Agent GoFlex 500 GB. I can connect my hard drive without any issues. if you are facing this issue constantly after trying all the possible things then I will suggest you to just insert the windows XP CD in your laptop and after that you have to restart the laptop and then you have to repair your windows Xp and after repairing gets completed you have to check whether your problem gets solved or not.

Your given solution solved my problem and I am really thankful to you. After reading your solution I have repaired my operating system with the help of my operating system CD and after repairing my operating system when I have tried to connect my Free Agent GoFlex 500 GB hard drive at that time it didn’t give me any drivers issue. I really appreciate your help.