Thread: Audacity is not recording voice calls properly or similar to that.

Audacity is not recording voice calls properly or similar to that.

I am annoying to record a podcast in which simply record my voice and record it yours. We are using Skype to talk together with the audacity to record the finish result is that I can unite the two audio tracks together to make the "conversation”. This works fine except that I have noticed that both audio tracks, the other person can hear a little. At first I thought this must be my microphone up his voice from the headset, but even if I move / disconnect the headset, the audacity is STILL catching his voice - despite not playing through speakers / headphones me.

The same is happening on their end, and it doesn't seem to be affected by the levels of microphone gain /or volume levels. It's almost as if the PC sound signal received through Skype is being collected by audacity very weakly. Any idea how to remove this as it is giving me grief echo when it comes to merge the two tracks of audio!

re: Audacity is not recording voice calls properly or similar to that.

You can avoid this by splitting the tracks, pulling away and the rest of the mix, but that does not explain what is happening. Let me know if I can make bad assumptions. Never explained step by step how to mix the show. We know from painful experience no one likes to hear the ping-pong stereo. Anyway, I guess you're mixing voices to pseudo mono and stereo music behind. Since Skype rage takes over all channels of noise on your PC, we're not entirely certain that Audacity is in receipt of from your recorded program.

We have to set the pan at all, everything is downtown. Even when I started to record with him entirely to the left, its still blazing very silently in the background. at the same time as watching the monitor recording audacity, without recording device connected I can record my friend (weakly). Now I know you can mess around with the stereo mix, etc. to record both sides of a conversation in a PC. The plan here is to record each part of our conversation unconnectedly, eliminating the beating of recording quality of Skype.

The simply method I can put in plain words it is that boldness seems to be alternative up Skype's voice even though the input device is the headset .Oh no music, immediately with us in the chat back and forth. I tried to lay the tracks on the other in perfect sync to my voice, my echo is canceled in reordering and vice versa, but rather could get it to work. Double-click the speaker icon in the tray (presumptuous Windows XP) and select Options> Properties> video recording and click OK. Make certain that not any of the other options that the microphone is chosen. From time to time you have selected WAV or mixer, which can reason these assets.

Satyrs Guest

I do not be acquainted with if he managed to resolve this difficulty, nevertheless im still having a comparable difficulty. I lately bought a capture card to record my Xbox game and wanted to do a video game allows a game I can play and record myself talking at the equal time. The image detain card can record and play sound very well and I required to record my voice with audacity for me to add my voice to the video later. However, when I meet the two programs at once daring also records the sounds of my game, so I get my voice to the game playing in the background.In my system I have Realtek HD sound effect manager who tried to silent and unmute cd volume, line volume and stereo mix, although still not work as I want it to. Iv also tried to change the recording option and playback by means of the standard windows audio control, but had no luck with that.

To record the microphone in Audacity which is what your input source must be set. Check the recording device in Audacity preferences is set to Realtek (and choose the microphone on the rotary mixer toolbar if you are on Windows XP or earlier). I hope your doubt is clear and your problem is rectified .if you need any assistance than please let me know here.i will be glad to rectify your difficulties. I hope this information was useful to you.