Thread: Can I backup two computers with My Passport SE?

Can I backup two computers with My Passport SE?

Friends, I am having My Passport SE 1TB and two laptops which are having the Windows 7 installed in that. I want to know that if there is some way by which I will be able to use my Passport to take the backup form both laptops. I have also searched on google for this but not found the solution. If you are having solution that can help me then please let me know that. I will be thankful to all the replies.

Re: Can I backup two computers with My Passport SE?

Yes, you will be able to backup both but there is one condition that WD smartware should be install to both the computers. Its very easy, the way you do it on first laptop, the same way you will have to do that on second laptop. So first try this on your own and if you are facing any problem with that then you can reply us back and we will give you some other solution for this.

The capacity to backup different PCs depends basically on the product permitting for the backup product and the working frameworks of the PCs. Moreover, keep in mind that noteworthy limit might be demanded to save every last trace of the indexes from the changing PCs, so make sure to buy a drive extensive enough to handle your requirements. An arrangement answer for example the Seagate GoFlex Home or BlackArmor NAS 400 Series could be a preferred result provided that you should once again down a vast number of PCs.

What I positively would like to do is get all my critical data on both workstations. In the event that I did this each alternate week or thereabouts, I'd have essentially all my messages and reports ready to me paying little mind to which PC they were made on. In a perfect world, I'd have my information on both machines and after that a backup on the outer hard drive. I thought this could be a straightforward issue, but I've sought the Web and Groups and don't identify a particular response.

It hinges on what backup product you're utilizing. The boundless larger piece of the pie of backup projects permits you to recognize the target (where the backups are put) as an envelope. There's no situation putting different backup organizers onto the same drive. The one thing I could include is that, relying on your backup product, you would be able to make split parcels for each and every workstation you are moving down. This dodges the plausibility of putting an addition onto the wrong backup.

One go at is to basically append a drive to one Mac, let Time Machine run, then afterward disengage the drive and connect it to an additional Mac. Time Machine archives backups for each and every machine in a marked envelope, so you needn’t stress over one machine's backups overwriting, or elsewise inching toward getting confused with, the other’s. Preceeding the time when separating a drive, click on the launch symbol following to its name in the Finder sidebar. You don’t need to turn off Time Machine, in any case; it will quietly hold up until you reconnect the drive is reconnected to before it runs again. Moving a head from one PC to a different has the point of interest of speed: backups will move a great deal more swiftly than they could over a system. On the other hand, it goes without idiom that each PC can put records in its backup just with the drive joined to it.