Thread: How can I pause the smartware?

How can I pause the smartware?

I am using the smartware to get the backup. Some of the times it is getting too much and so I have to turn that off/pause the smartware and that is because I want to maintain data files on the mybook drive. I am not getting the way that how can I pause the smartware. It may feel like noob question but I will really glad to have answer from you. If you can help me then please post that here. Thank you.

Re: How can I pause the smartware?

If you are not able to end that in normal way then you can make use of the Task Manager and then end that from here. Just open the task manager by pressing the alt + ctrl + del button. When the task manager opens then go to the process tab and look for the services.msc in that list. Click on that and it will be highlighted. After this click “End process” button from the bottom and it will be ended.

I would like to tell you that WDDM is the WD Drive Manager and the WDFME is the WD File Management Engine. If you wish to close the smartware then you can disable otherwise end those two processes and the smartware will be ended. As rightly posted above that you will have to make use of the task manager but instead of ending the services.msc, you will have to end the WDDM and WDFME.

Turning off 1 aid indicates that you could probably turn that on when it is needed. You don't utilize a secret key or discharge the drive but I gather that a reboot should not hang in light of this and the aid could likewise be programmed restarted. Now, if they would be able to build this into the provision itself and make it non specialized as the greater part of utilization could want/need instead of disturbing 'fixes' which wasn't aimed for the non tech users.

I freshly neglected to disengage the mybook head before booting into the test framework. To my astonishment smartware introduction was not offered as an alternative. Windows unequivocally instituted some sort of bland driver and provided that i recall rightly windows upgrade offered me a discretionary redesign to instate or overhaul the driver which i have not done. i am inquisitive in respect to why I was not offered a smartware establishment as i never erased that stuff from mybook.