Thread: How to retrieve backup data in original location with WD Smartware?

How to retrieve backup data in original location with WD Smartware?

I have used the WD Smartware to take the backup for my drive to MyBookLive and now I wish to restore the data. I have installed a new hard drive in my computer which is of 320 GB. To do that, I selected the option to Retrieve data and after that when I tried to retrieve that to the original location then was not able to do that. I don’t understand that why it is behaving like this. Can you please tell me that How can I retrieve backup data in original location with WD Smartware?

Re: How to retrieve backup data in original location with WD Smartware?

I think that you are trying to retrieve the data on some other computer. If that is true then I have the solution for you. First of all you will have to install the Smartware on the other computer and after installing that run the backup. This might looks odd but it is the only way that which will help you. Now you will have to open the folder WD Smartware.swstor and relocate data manually as of drive toward the computer.

I hope that above method will help you but if that do not work then you can open the retrieve tab and choose option which permits you to retrieve on a retrieved content folder to move files automatically. The retrieve to the original places is not functioning because this choice will only work if you retrieve data on similar computer. So I have given the solution and the reason for this issue. I wish that this will help you.

If you have taken the backup as some other username and now you are trying to restore them with some other username then this problem can be arise. So ensure this. Other than this if you are not having proper rights to do that then also you will get the issues like this. So you should ensure that first. If you are not the admin of the system then ask your admin to provide you proper rights and then try to do that again.

You can contact the Western Digital support and ask them for this problem. This will be the most excellent way to get the answer. You will surely get the answer for this. They are very good for their support and you will get the precise way to do that. If that is not possible then also it will be informed to you. I hope that this will help you to do this. If you get the answer then please post that here also so that other users can have some idea from that.

Since you've made backup for the documents on the origin drive, so that some of the indexes that you need to continue the backup drive have been erased from the origin drive, then you will should restore those indexes to the root drive so they might be incorporated in the revamped backup. Make a point not to erase the WD SmartWare Backup organizer until you know that you hold all your indexes once more on the origin drive.

Since you've made backup for the documents on the origin drive, so that some of the indexes that you need to continue the backup drive have been erased from the origin drive, then you will should restore those indexes to the root drive so they might be incorporated in the revamped backup. Make a point not to erase the WD SmartWare Backup organizer until you know that you hold all your indexes once more on the origin drive.