Thread: Cannot import mp3 files in audacity

Cannot import mp3 files in audacity

I normally use to transfer my iPhone files in my laptop and these files usually should be in m4a formats. Now I have installed audacity in my laptop and after that I have converted my iPhone files in to the mp3 and after that when i try to import those files in my audacity application at that time I am not able to do that please tell me what should I do. I have to record those sounds my sister’s project.

Re: Cannot import mp3 files in audacity

I will suggest you to first toy have to check whether you are able to import any other MP3 files in audacity software or not. if you are not able to import other MP3 files in audacity also then there might be something wrong with your audacity software and if you are able to import other MP3 file properly then I think the files which you are trying to import is not properly converted.

If you are facing this problem with the files which you have converted form iPhone only then I think you have to convert those m4a files properly with some other MP3 converter software and after that you have to properly convert those files and after converting those files you have to again try to impart it in the audacity program and after that check whether you are facing any issue or not.

First I have thought that I am facing this issue only with the those converted MP3 files and after that i have also tried to play those files by converting it again with different mp3 converter but after doing that also I was still facing the same problem and after that I have tried same files in my friends laptop and there I was able to import those files in the audacity application. Please give me some solution regarding this.

It looks like there is something wrong with your audacity application and I will suggest you to fix this issue by reinstalling the audacity in your laptop and after that check whether your problem gets solved or not. if you still having the same problem then I think you should try to solve this issue by downloading updated version of audacity and after that install that in your laptop. I hope this trick will fix your issue.

As you have said the by reinstalling the audacity ican solve this issue and after that I have removed audacity from my system and after that I have run Ccleaner in my system. Now after doing that I have restart the system and then I have installed the audacity in my system. now after doing that I am able to import mp3 files in audacity. Now all the things are working properly. Thank you for your all the information and all the reply.