Thread: Unable to install WD SmartWare

Unable to install WD SmartWare

Some days before I have formatted my Passport Essential 500GB hard drive and after that I have als o installed windows 7 again in my system. Now after doing that I have installed all the necessary drivers in my system, All the things worked fine except my WD SmartWare. Now I am not able to install WD SmartWare please help me out to solve this issue. I am waiting for your reply. Thank you in advance.

Re: Unable to install WD SmartWare

According to me you should try solve this issue by trick. If you have get the CD with your Passport Essential 500GB hard drive then you have to insert the CD in your CD ROM and after that you have to connect you Passport Essential 500GB hard drive with your laptop or computer and after that you have to start the installation you have to select installation destination folder in your Passport Essential 500GB hard drive and after that it will install the WD SmartWare in your Passport Essential 500GB hard drive.

As far as I know you have to download the WD SmartWare from Western digital official website and after that you have to just install it in your system. Now after installing it in your system all the things will start working normally. I was also having the similar problem with my Western digital hard drive and after that I have contact the WD technical support and they have told me to download the WD SmartWare from official site and install it. Now all the things are working properly. I think you should also try this thing.

If you don’t know from where to download the WD SmartWare and if you are not able to search it then I will help you with it. You can download the WD SMARTWARE. Now after clicking here you have to download the WD SES Driver and there you will find the instruction option also so you can follow that instruction to download that file.

Thank you so much for your reply and all the information and I have clicked on the link which you have mentioned in your above post and after that there I have get the four types of download option now I am confused between which one to download. Please tell me I have to download which file? Please reply me as soon as possible.

You have to download the WD SmartWare Disk Image for Windows file and after that you will get the ZIP file and you have to extract it oj one folder and after that you have to open that folder and after that you have to do double click on the WD Smartware.exe. now after clicking on that it will start the installation and you will be able to install the SmartWare.

After referring your above reply I have downloaded WD SmartWare Disk Image for Windows in my system and after that I have extracted that file in one folder and then I have installed WD SmartWare I my system. the installation was successful and I didn’t get any issue. Your given information really helped me to solve this issue. Thank you so much for helping me and solving my problem.