Thread: Link layer mask is not working in Adobe Photoshop CS3

Link layer mask is not working in Adobe Photoshop CS3

I have installed Adobe Photoshop CS3 on the computer of mine. I have noticed an issue with this particular software. Well I have found that I am unable to link layer mask to the image. There is no option into the Layer menu. Let me know how can I make this particular option available for me? Any help to get the requirement of mine would be highly appreciated. Thanks a lot in advance.

Re: Link layer mask is not working in Adobe Photoshop CS3

There could be lots of reason why above mentioned issue is happening So answer the below mentioned questions to figure out the root cause of the problem. Which operating system do you have installed? Tell me about the hardware configuration of the computer. do you have done any recent changes on the computer? let me know from when above mentioned issue is happening.

Looking at the situation I am suggesting following work around over here which you should try.
    • You have to group the smart object into the folder of yours and you have to add the mask for the group or folder. Also you can do another thing to get the same. you have to choose the layer and simply press Shift from the keyboard and choose Mask.

I am hoping that the work around which I have mentioned over here would be useful to you.

I think there is corruption of the Adobe Photoshop on the computer of yours. Well in order to resolve the same you have to reinstall the software on the computer of yours. you should uninstall the entire software from the computer and then you have to restart the computer. once the computer is restarted to you have to try to install the software on the computer of yours. I am hoping that after reinstalling the software you will be able to fix the matter of yours.

Well in this particular situation I recommend that you should upgrade the Photoshop with CS4. I let you know you will be able to get the updates from the official website of Adobe. You should download and install the same on the computer of yours. Make sure that you have restarted the computer after installing the update on the computer of yours. it would little bit expensive to upgrade the software.

I have searched on the Google to get the root cause of the problem but there was nothing to resolve the matter. Finally I have decided that I will contact the developer team of the software and ask them to give further assistant on this particular matter. The developer of the software would let you know about the possible solution to fix the matter of yours. I am hoping that the developer team will help you out to fix the matter of yours.