Thread: Unable to use Audacity by getting input through USB

Unable to use Audacity by getting input through USB

Well I have installed Audacity on the computer of mine. I was trying to run without having line in. to make the thing working I have used Terratec iVinyl but it did not working for me. Well I am unable to get any sound while recording. However playback is working fine. Also sample settings is keeping resetting to the 32-bit. Let me know why it is happening into the situation of mine. any help on this particular matter would be highly appreciated. Thanks a lot in advance.

Re: Unable to use Audacity by getting input through USB

I wanted to know little bit more information to figure out the root cause of the problem. Which operating system do you have installed on the computer? Do you have done any hardware or software changes on the computer? Let me know which version of Audacity do you have installed. From when you are getting the above mentioned issue? Do you have installed any antivirus program on the computer?

I am not aware of the root cause of the first question which you have asked over here in this particular thread. However it seems to be normal if the sample settings is tends to resetting to 32 bit. Why it is happening because it will give you highest level of quality while processing the audio. Anyway I will let you know if I come across about any of the solution which I have asked over here in this particular thread.

If the system of yours is lacking the line in then I think you need to buy something like USB interface or Sound card. once you have purchased the same you have connect with turntable through the phono pre-amp to line-in of the USB device which you are using. There are some USB device which are having the phono pre-amp built in. also you can connect with cassette deck and USB sound card.

Well looking at the situation of yours I recommend that you have to update this particular software on the computer of yours. you can get the update from the official website. You should download and install the latest version of Audacity which would be suitable for the computer and the operating system do you have installed on the computer of yours. after installing the update you should restart the computer of yours.

Have you tried with the reinstalling the software? If you have not done the same then I recommend that you should simply reinstall the software on the computer of yours and see whether the issue is persisting or not. If there is no change in the situation than I am suspecting that there is bug issue with the software I recommend that you should contact the developer of the software and file a bug report. You have to wait till the issue is being addressed by the developer and releases a patch to fix the matter.