Thread: Decrease the mp3 files size in audacity

Decrease the mp3 files size in audacity

I normally use to transfer my mp3 files in my mp3 player which has 8GB memory. Mostly my mp3 files are exported form audacity program so it file size is between 5MB to 8 MB. Now recently I have lost my mp3 player and temporary I am using another MP3 player which has only 2GB memory. Now I don’t know how can I adjust my all song in this 2GB mp3 player. is there any way to decrease the size of the mp3 files in audacity then please help me.

Re: Decrease the mp3 files size in audacity

Well I have gone through your issue as you have said that you want manage your MP3 files in to your 2GB files and for that you have to compress the songs and after that you will be able to manage your mp3 files in to your mp3 player. You can compress these files by setting the lower bitrate of the song. When you set the lower bit rate of the song and after that when you compress it at that time it will decrease the song size also.

I am agree with the above post you have to first download the Lame software package from internet and after the you have to install it in your system. Now after that you have to open your songs in the Lame software package and after that you will be able to export that files as MP3. You have to set the bitrate value lower so it can compress the songs properly. Now after compressing the songs you will be able to use those songs in your mp3 player.

If you are getting the still large files even after installing the Lame software package and if your mp3 output decreases the quality of the songs then I think you should download the third party software’s from internet to compress the songs. Now after downloading the software compresses the songs from that software and after that check that whether your file size gets decreased or not. Normally in this software’s you will get the option for set the bit rate. When you get the option to set the bit rate at that time you have to first check the original bitrate of the song and after that set the bit rate lesser then original.

In Nero 8 or later version of Nero also you can compress the files of the mp3 or others. I have also tried to use do compress the mp3 files by using audacity but I didn’t like that program as it does not maintain song quality and after that I came to know about Nero and I have tried that trick. Now after compressing the songs from Nero my all problem gets solved. I think you should also try to solve this solution. In Nero you have to open Nero soundtrax and after that you will be able to compress the songs.

In my audacity I have tied to solve this issue by downloading the Lame software package and after that installing it. But that idea doesn’t make any difference. Now after that I have also tried third party software also but in that software also I didn’t get any result. Now after that I have install the Nero in my system but I don’t know how to do the mp3 compression. Please tell me what I should do.

In Nero software there is a tool called Nero soundtrax and with the help of that tool you can decrease the mp3 file size. You have to just open your required file in Nero soundtrax and after that you have to click on the export to audio file and then you have to select mp3 file output option and then there you will get the option for setting the bit rate and after setting the bit rate you have to save that file and then check its size.