Thread: Notepad 2 vs Notepad ++

Notepad 2 vs Notepad ++

I have a computer at home . I don’t like the default notepad present in my computer which is provided by windows. I want to have a new notepad either notepad 2 or notepad ++. I am a bit confused choosing between the both. I have heard that there is no much difference between the both. kindly suggest me which notepad I should have and also how can I replace the default notepad ? Any suggestions given would be highly appreciated. Thank you !

Re: Notepad 2 vs Notepad ++

I feel that the old default notepad is really boring as compared to the new notepad 2 and notepad ++. Notepad 2 is better than notepad ++ because it has a different and stylish look as compared to the old default one. Notepad 2 is a open source text editing software whereas notepad ++ is open source code editing software. Notepad 2 has the feature of syntax highlighting. Well yes there is no much difference between them.I think you can use word instead of notepad if you don’t want to use old Notepad. I don’t have idea of exactly how to replace the notepad. One thing that I feel that you can try to do is Rename notepad.exe with notepad 2.exe. I hope this method works. Thank you

Firstly I would say is that notepad has the simplest user interface in the world. I can understand everybody wants to be with the latest technology and know about it. As far as I am concerned I feel notepad ++ is quite better because it is rich in features also it is light weighted as compared to the notepad 2. It can be downloaded from the internet in free of cost that means it is a open source software . If you want to replace your default notepad you can download the Notepad ++ from the internet. you can visit the official website of notepad and check the versions over there. V5.9.2 is the current latest version of notepad ++. Thank you.

According to me and my experience so far, notepad 2 is quite better and has equally high features like notepad ++. Notepad 2 is a open source software and hence it can be downloaded for free. It is not a very big software and of more size. Notepad 2 and notepad ++ has many features in common though hence they are quite same. Notepad 2 has a multiple document interface. Notepad 2 can be download ed from the website. It works on the operating system like 95/98/2000/NT/XP. Notepad 4.2.25 is one version of notepad 2. You can replace notepad 2 or notepad ++ by downloading from internet and installing it. I hope my this advice to you prove good . thank you