Thread: Cannot locate recorded file from Audacity

Cannot locate recorded file from Audacity

Hello friends I have recently installed Audacity in my laptop in which I have recently installed windows vista. After installing the windows vista I am facing one problem with my Audacity program. In Audacity program it is showing that it is receiving a passage but it shows it without location. Now after that when I stop playing the sound at that time I cannot figure out where the recorded part gone. Please help me to solve this issue.

Re: Cannot locate recorded file from Audacity

While you do the recording the passage at that time did you get any message like download a Lame mp3 encoder. If Audacity asks you anything like that then you have to first download the Lame mp3 encoder and after that you have to install it in your laptop. Now after installing that you have to check that whether same problem is coming or not. I think after doing that you will not get the same problem.

As far as I know Audacity records and after that it stores its audio in its own format. Basically there is no location for the recorded audio. If you need that file in particle location then you have to export your project so you can play t hose files in windows media player. if you want to just save the project then you have to click on the save it but when you save that project at

Audacity records and stores audio in its own internal format. There is no "location" of the recorded audio. You need to export your project in order to play it in a media player or burn to CD. If you want to record something then work on it later, you need to Save your Audacity project at that time you will not able to listen it in any player as that project will be saved in its format. I hope this information will be helpful for you.

I have tried to solve this issue by downloading Lame mp3 encoder in in laptop and after that installing it in my laptop but after installing the Lame mp3 encoder still facing the same problem. Now after that I have tried to solve this problem by exporting passage. In specific folder but after exporting it also I get the same problem again, please give me some suggestion yo solve this issue. Any help will be appreciated.

Its look like there might be something wrong with your Audacity program and I think you should try to solve this issue by removing the Audacity complete from your system and after that you have to restart the laptop. now after restarting the laptop you have to install the Audacity again in your laptop and I after that you have to check hat whether your problem or not.

I have tried to solve this Audacity problem in so many ways but after trying different tracks also I was also facing the same problem in my system. Now after that I have read your post and then I have repaired my operating system. Now after repairing the operating system my all the problems get solved and now I can see the recorded file and its folder location. Thank you.