Thread: How to create rounded triangle in Illustrator?

How to create rounded triangle in Illustrator?

I am needed to make the rounded-corner triangle with the help of the Illustrator which should be having the dimensions of just about 100-40-40 (degrees). I have attempted with a few solution that I found on other sites but was not helpful. So I am posting this here. Can someone of you can tell me that how I can do this. I will appreciate each solution on this. Thank you so much in advance for replying.

Re: How to create rounded triangle in Illustrator?

It’s very easy to do that. Just make your own triangle initially with the same dimension. Once you are done with that then you will have to go to the Effect > Stylize > Round Corners and from there do the required settings from there. This is very simple to do that. So try this and I am sure that this will do the work for you and if you have any problem with that then please reply me back and I will give you the other possible solution for this.

If you want to make the inner and the outer edges rounded then there is a way for this that I am going to tell you. First of all you will have to make one normal start and from the new copy you will have to apply the 'round corners' effect as posted above. Align two stars and both rounded as well as original triangle. Cautiously choose star through rounded corner effect and select Object > Expand Appearance. Choose both the starts and make use of the 'Crop' Tool within the pathfinder. It will correct inside angles.

You can make use of the Line Tool for drawing the triangle. You will have to utilize the Black Arrow for selecting the whole triangle. Now you will have to make three like in lone path and for that you should go to Object > Path > Join. Now go to Effect > Stylize > Round Corners and ensure that you press the preview and keep the radius large enough to be seen. This will surly do the work for you.

Just draw the simple triangle and when you are done with that then go to the Object>Path and from there select the Offset Path. There you will have to select the offset by. You can select it as say 4mm and also select the rounded bevel in the place of the miters. This is the best that I can recommend. I always do the same whenever I have to make this and this works. So do this and it will make the triangle with rounded edge.

It's actually very simple to create a shape with rounded corners in Illustrator. Start by creating your form, you can use the pen tool and draw freehand, or you can create a custom shape using the polygon tool in the toolbar (which is fourth tool on the right side if are using the CS). This is a sidebar withdrawal attached to the tool shape, which is shaped like a hexagon. If you have difficulty saying what it is, just around the mouse for a moment and the name appears. A dialog box will appear allowing you to type in the number of sides you want your custom to have. Type 3, press the right button, and a triangle appears on the page.