Thread: Aperture 3: How to delete Duplicate Images

Aperture 3: How to delete Duplicate Images

I want to ask that if there is some method by which the Duplicate Images can be removed from Aperture 3. I have just installed that and there are a lot of the Duplicate Images in that which are having the same name. I am not able to remove that. So I am posting this here so that someone of you can suggest me some way by which the images can be removed from here. Thank you so much in advance for replying.

Re: Aperture 3: How to delete Duplicate Images

There is one de-duplicator that can help you delete Duplicate Images. Name for that is "Decloner.". This is the best to remove the duplicate images from that. But there is one problem with this and that it is not able to store your files within the Aperture library. It will just give you the reference to that. Overall it is good enough to do the task of deleting Duplicate Images that you want to do. Good Luck!!!

I am also using the Aperture 3 and want to do the same. I have already tried with Decloner but that was not working. I have also tried to use Tidy Up previously that can mark them and after that you can do the keyword search and then manually delete those images. Tidy Up is also not compatible with the Aperture 3. I hope that someone will provide some possible and functional way for this.

The version of Aperture can also mark the original keyword and thus making them comparable. It's hard to say why he had unique photos marked as duplicates. Maybe you ran in the way of magic and images with the same if the date of creation is matched? Try Classic mode and MD5 checksum. Also, keep in mind that it compares master image to belong to master edition will be marked as duplicate duplicates; this can be puzzling if you think one version of the image files.

It will be good for you to use the Duplicate Annihilator which is a good app to do this and it is also very quick. I am having around 37k images within Aperture and it will be better to use Duplicate Annihilator for this. So just search for this and use that. I am very sure that you will find it useful. This is the best thing that I can tell you. Use it and let us know that if it was helpful to you or know. Thank you.

In fact iTunes can do this. Unequivocally sort by date joined (join this field by right clicking in an open dominion in the iTunes sort fields) and select the indexes united in slip and erase! Itunes additionally has a show copies see. Essentially click record in the menubar then select demonstrate copies. Trust this aides.

I too was looking for a suitable solution for detecting duplicates in Aperture 3.x. In the end, I ended up writing my own. It can be found at:

(A)perture (D)uplicate (D)etector

Within Aperture, select the photos you wish to check for duplicates. Then simply run ADD. There are two options when running ADD.

1. Simple Detection which relies on selection being pre-sorted by date, filename, or file size.
    2. Comprehensive Detection requires no pre-sorting, but takes longer.

ADD will never actually delete anything. Detected duplicates are simply tagged with a keyword. I'm still in the process of documenting ADD, but it's pretty low on my priority list. I'd be thrilled to hear your comments and suggestions though.