Thread: Smartware: Universal Firmware Updater

Smartware: Universal Firmware Updater

I would like to tell you that WD is releasing the new Universal Firmware Updater intended for Mac and having the Windows WD SmartWare supported drives, it will help you to detect as well as install the latest firmware update accessible for the hard drive. I am just starting this thread to know that what other people have to say regarding this. So if you have any comment or anything that you want to share about this then please let me know that. Thank you.

Re: Smartware: Universal Firmware Updater

Thank you for this information. I tried to update the Firmware for my My Book Essential USB 3.0/2.0 External Hard Drive but whenever I try to do that then it shows me the message as "you can only update one drive at a time". I have followed the instructions properly and I am sure that there was no problem with the update procedure. So I think that it is just the bad FIRMWARE UPDATE. So please reply as soon as possible.

I think that you are having some other drive attached to your computer and for that reason you are getting this problem. If this is true then you can just remove the extra hard drive from your computer and then try to do the update again. This is not for sure that it will cure the issue but using two drives at the same time of update would cause this. So it will be better for you to try by removing one drive from it.

I consider that software is checking that if some USB slot is being utilized for some purpose and if that is true then software is concluding that slot is being utilized for storage device. That's not the case for all the time. There are a lot of wireless mice as well as keyboards communicate through the CPU with the help of the USB dongle. And if a person has input devices like a wireless keyboard otherwise a wireless mice then unplugging dongle is a non-starter. This firmware loader requires some serious curative work.

I have the similar difficulty like some of the other members. Before trying to update through universal firmware updater, I immobilized the antivirus, antispyware and got connected with my broadband etc. and after that my drive was detected. No additional exterior drive was plugged in. When I pressed "Continue Update" then it started to download it and immediately I got the error message that says “error copying file NFU.DLL". Every time it shows me the same thing.

The lapse I got for My Book Essential USB 3.0 was in all probability comparable to Blogmaster, subsequent to the same indexes were made. I was attempting to download utilizing the WIndows 3.0.1.1 universal updater when the diligent NFU.dll lapse showed up. My framework is a WIndows XP SP3 by the way. WD Smartware 1.4.5.2, current firmware form 1.014. Attempting to update to the unique firmware (v1.016?) without progress for in any event the fourth time. Something's definitely off with the present firmware implementation after my past v1.014 firmware upgrade worked similar to an appeal, the documents at present on the drive whole, and so forth. WD Technical Staff, some assistance soon? It would be ideal if you

The lapse I got for My Book Essential USB 3.0 was in all probability comparable to Blogmaster, subsequent to the same indexes were made. I was attempting to download utilizing the WIndows 3.0.1.1 universal updater when the diligent NFU.dll lapse showed up. My framework is a WIndows XP SP3 by the way. WD Smartware 1.4.5.2, current firmware form 1.014. Attempting to update to the unique firmware (v1.016?) without progress for in any event the fourth time. Something's definitely off with the present firmware implementation after my past v1.014 firmware upgrade worked similar to an appeal, the documents at present on the drive whole, and so forth. WD Technical Staff, some assistance soon? It would be ideal if you