Thread: Application missing but still occupied hard drive space

Application missing but still occupied hard drive space

Hi, I have a very painful situation with my machine, as there are too many glitches with it, I would say the memory is been eaten by the virus I think, I am not sure about that, because some of the application rather programs are missing from the computer, and I am not able to find it out as well, and at the same end the hard drive space is still occupied by that programs, that means they are still in the machine, isn’t it? so what would be the problem with this, is this a virus, or there is some problem with the hard drive? Any suggestion would be appreciated.

Re: Application missing but still occupied hard drive space

Have you ever try to search them with the option enable call search the hidden files? as well. Because this might be possible that the files have been hidden and thus you are not able to find them, I am not sure as this is also because of the virus also, but initially you need to first check that whether those files are really present as hidden or they are deleted from the PC? By searching this way you’ll get the Idea about the actual threat. And if suppose those files are actually deleted you can make use of the recovery tools for recovering them.

I am agree with the above user as you should first try to search those files, rather you can have another option as to make them visible again, if they are present in the computer. By selecting the folder option from my computer under tool menu you’ll get a window appear, from that you have to select view tab, after selecting that you’ll get the option called hidden files and folders, so among two options you need to select show hidden files and folder option. And then browse the content, for which you are looking, if they are present so that’s ok, otherwise this is because of the virus only, let me tell you that all your data are corrupted.

Hey thanks for the complimentary suggestions as when I done this as suggeste by you, there were lots of files listed, but not the one for which I was looking, and still the space is been occupied by those files, so according to me as well it is because of the virus only, but I am not getting if the files are not present then how can the memory been occupied, and if suppose I need to choose from any of the antivirus which one would be better?

See that’s good as you’re willing to buy the antivirus software for yourself, but still I would say you should try to format the hard drive, because the major reason behind this is like even if you scan through the antivirus it will delete the virus but the eaten partition would not be free again, in fact I am not sure that after formatting also you’ll not get that back, but still hope with the best, you should try to format the hard drive and then install the antivirus in your machine, and according to me you can have AVG, this is the latest one and have very good capability to deal with the viruses.