Thread: Is it necessary to uninstall the previous version to install Flash Player 11 Beta ?

Is it necessary to uninstall the previous version to install Flash Player 11 Beta ?

Hi, I have a desktop machine in which I used to use the flash player in order to play the flash content which is presented on the website, and off course to play videos on the internet. And i am using this software since last few years so I have seen and experience almost all the version of I, but the when I got the new version of the software I always uninstall the previous one and then install the new one, so is it necessary to uninstall the previous one before installing the new one, or do we install it directly? Any suggestion would be appreciated.

Re: Is it necessary to uninstall the previous version to install Flash Player 11 Beta ?

See that’s very god as you always uninstall the previous one before installing the new one, and I would say this is the best practice you have, because sometimes it happens as because of the previous Logs you cannot able to install the newer version, but if you uninstall the previous version it will remove all its created instances and the Logs, so you can easily clean install the newer version.

Re: Is it necessary to uninstall the previous version to install Flash Player 11 Beta ?

I have the same opinion as the above user as you should always first remove the previous one and then only install the new one, and this is not just regarding the flash player, but you should follow the same with whatever other software you use. But as you are asking about the necessity I would say this is not necessary but according to me what’s the problem in doing that, because it will first remove all its files and then you install another one without any glitches.

Well, when you try to install the another I mean new version of the same software the installer have the files for uninstalling the previous one, so even if you don’t do it on your own, the installer will first of all uninstall the previous one and then only install the newer version. So you can have both the option as you can do it on your own as well or let the installer do it for you, but according to me as well you should first delete all the entries and the related files of the previous software.

I am not sure about the other software and not even the previous version of the flash player as well but as far as the newer version is concern I would like to tell you that you need to uninstall the previous version before installing the newer version or you may not be able to install it, in fact I have tested it, and it was displaying the message as I need to uninstall the previous one. If you want more information on the same you can simply visit their official website as well.

If you don’t want to bother about all this thing you can have another option as to update the version from the existing software itself, there is always a option for getting updates, in fact there are many settings through which you can set the software for checking the updates if there is any available on the internet and as it get any such, it will just prompt you for updating and as you allowed it, it will first download the software and will install it without any uninstallation.

This is sometimes depends on the operating system as well, I mean to say some of the operating system allows the software to install its newer version without uninstalling the previous one and remaining need uninstallation of the previous software. but my recommendation is to not to install the beta version rather you should wait for the final release because I have used this, and has lots of problem with it.