Thread: closed excel accidentally and now File is missing

closed excel accidentally and now File is missing

I closed an excel sheet and in doing a message appeared which i accidentally closed before reading so not sure what it said. However now my file is missing, when i search for it a shortcut appears but when I try to open a message appears saying, 'the file has been moved or no longer exists, would i like to delete'. I have searched through my recycle bin but its not there, I have also tried file recovery programs but had no luck. i have opened and closed this document nearly everyday for the past 6 months and never had this problem before. Is there anyway of finding the file using the shortcut? I desperately need this document as it has my business finances on and i dont have a copy. Thanks

Re: closed excel accidentally and now File is missing

You can download a free software called Stellar Excel Recovery that recovers the missing file from the excel spreadsheet if required. It is designed to recover and repair corrupted Microsoft Excel documents / Spreadsheet. This advanced Excel spreadsheet repair program restores damaged Excel / xls files after instances of virus attacks, unexpected system shutdown, media read error, and so on

thanks for the response, ive downloaded the software however it asks me to add a file to recover, but i dont know where the file is so cant add it and when i try to add the shortcut it wont allow me to. Would it be possible to give me a step by step of how to recover it using the software?

Follow the below steps properly to solve this issue:

1. Open ‘Stellar Phoenix Excel Recovery’.
    2. Click on ‘File’ menu and select ‘Select Drive’.
    3. Now, select the drive where the Excel files are situated and click on ‘OK’.
    4. Software will prompt you the number of Excel files found. Click ‘OK’.
    5. Now, select the first check box listed on the left hand side of the software and click on ‘Play’ listed on the top which will ask for the destination folder where you need to select the default folder or a new folder to save the output file.
    6. After the completion of the repairing process the software will show you the message that the repairing is successfully completed.