Thread: Drivers for Compaq Presario SR5710Y to downgrade the system to windows xp

Drivers for Compaq Presario SR5710Y to downgrade the system to windows xp

I’m having a Compaq Presario SR5710Y which is having a windows vista home edition installed in it and now I’m planning to downgrade the system to the windows xp pro but the problems is I don’t have a cd of drivers so can anyone suggest me what drivers I will be needed and which suite my system. I need drivers for modem, graphics card, sound card and even the Ethernet lan.Thanks in advanced.

Re: Drivers for Compaq Presario SR5710Y to downgrade the system to windows xp

Nvidia had release the geforce 163 whose version is 163.75 which required a windows xp operating system and you can easily get it from nvidia site which is of size 42mb. There you will be going to get all the drivers. Those drivers usually improved the performance for NVIDI technology on the direct and even the open gl application. It also provides you with the game and the application fix. Well downloading the drivers you need to select the appropriate language.

I think the nforce drivers version of 15.24 which was released two years back which support in windows xp and the size of the drivers is about 125mb well it is used for 32 bits. You must download the drivers like: Ethernet Driver (v67.89) WHQL, Network Management Tools (v67.91) , SATA IDE Driver (v10.3.0.42) WHQL, Installer (v6.14), Asus P5K WS Realtek ALC888 Audio Driver 5.10.0.5391 these drivers required a Intel Core2 Extreme and ddr2 ram and PCI-E x 16 Graphics.

Even I was having the same system and was searching the drivers as I had reinstalled the windows xp. Well I need to ask do I need drivers for the DVD burner and for the usb hub. I’m new with it and I don’t have much knowledge regarding this. I had already downloaded drivers for sound, monitor and for the modem. Well I’m also using the dsl so do I need the Ethernet drivers. Please suggest me regarding this.

I think all the motherboard drivers are there except the drivers for modem and you don’t need a drivers for the dvd rom as it get installed when you are installing the windows xp in your system. While downloading the package you must read it were it is clearly mention what is there in the package. And make sure you are installing the proper drivers for your system as there is chance of conflicting in drivers. Hope this help you a lot.

Well I had tried the driver what you had said and it doesn’t work for my network drivers. Well now I had got the correct network drivers for your system just download the NVIDIA nFORCE v18.07 XP which is of version 18.07 and it support window xp and even the Ethernet drivers and the sata ide drivers and make sure you don’t download the beta version as there might be a chance of confliction in drivers. Hope this information helps you a lot.