Thread: HP Mediasmart DVD gives "no disc in drive" error message

HP Mediasmart DVD gives "no disc in drive" error message

Hello everyone, I am having HP Pavilion dv7-3165dx laptop with Windows XP OS and it had worked very well until last few days. From last two days I have been experiencing this weird issue while I am using the HP Mediasmart DVD utility which is installed in my HP laptop. Yesterday I was planning to watch some movies in my laptop, so I just inserted the DVD in the DVD drive but was surprise to see that it was not loading at all. I am constantly getting the “no disc in drive” error message even though I have inserted the DVD. Does anyone know what might be causing this issue with the Mediasmart DVD utility installed in my system? Please help me in solving the issue.

Re: HP Mediasmart DVD gives "no disc in drive" error message

As you have mentioned that the issue has started recently and everything was working very fine until last few days then I strongly feel that there is some kind of corruption with the HP Mediasmart DVD files which are installed in your HP Pavilion laptop. So, i think, you should uninstalled the current HP Mediasmart DVD files which is installed in your system and then try to reinstall them. Make sure that you have removed all the files and folders which are any how related to the HP Mediasmart DVD utility.

The issue might also occur if the DVD of the movie which you are inserting in your DVD drive is corrupt or something like that. So, according to me, first of all you should make sure that the DVD which you are using is a working one and is not at all corrupt and also makes sure that you have installed all the necessary drivers required for the smooth functioning of your HP Laptop. Use the original HP drivers CD which you might have received along with the laptop and then check whether the issue gets solved or not.

I would recommend you to do the uninstall/install DVD drive from your HP laptop. You can do the same from the Device Manager of your Windows system. Go to Start menu of your Windows XP running system and click on Control Panel. Here you have to go to the Device Manager. Scroll the list of devices connected to you device and search for the DVD drive. Right click the same and click on uninstall to remove it from your system. Now finally you have to restart your system. On restart your laptop will automatically detect that there is some changes in your system and it will automatically install all the necessary drivers and files for your DVD drive and install it.

According to me, the issue might also occur if you are using some old version of HP Mediasmart DVD utility in your HP Pavilion laptop. So, first off all you should make sure that you are using the latest available version of the HP Mediasmart DVD utility in your system. If you find that you are using an earlier version of the utility software, then I would recommend you to update the following. You can search for the same on Internet and install it in your laptop.

You should make sure you have followed and remembered few very important steps before you actually reinstall the HP Mediasmart DVD utility software. Use any third party software which can efficiently uninstall the files and folders of the HP Mediasmart DVD software from your system. You can try CCleaner for the same. Once you are done with it, restart you laptop and on restart visit the official website of HP. Here you will have to search for the HP Mediasmart DVD utility and download and install the latest available version of the software. Make sure that you are restarting the system, whenever you are asked to by your system.

who can tell me how to Import DVD Movies to iTunes for Mac ?

Quote Originally Posted by supersusan2011 View Post
    who can tell me how to Import DVD Movies to iTunes for Mac ?
    Well there are many Applications available for doing the same like Mac the Ripper, Handbrake Lite, etc.. I had did it once on one of my firend's Mac system using HandBrake. Just download the same and go on, you will also get the steps to use it on the same official site.

BTW, i would like to advice you to always make a new thread for a new query. Like this thread was about HP Mediasmart DVD and you asked about iTunes and Mac.

I am assuming that there is an issue with the DVD drive which is installed in your HP Pavilion dv7-3165dx laptop. So, most probably I will suggest you to make sure that the DVD drive is working well and good and is not having any kind of issues with it. So, you will have to show your laptop to the tech guys present in computer store and ask them to rectify the real problem for the issue. Once you know the real problem, you can easily solve it under the guidance of professionals.